+ Reply to Thread

Thread: hole in liner

Default hole in liner

Hi,

I have an above ground pool with a liner. I noticed that i have a hole about the size of a nickle about half way up the pool. Right now it is above the water line. I have tried the self adhesive patch, but it fell right off. I also tried the patch that you apply your own adhesive, however when i apply it, the sides curl up. any suggestions?

thanks

waste is offline PF Support Team Whizbang Spinner waste 3 stars waste 3 stars waste 3 stars

Default Re: hole in liner

Tara, try cleaning the area first, if there's dead algae or other stuff, it will interfere with the glue. You can use a wallpaper seam roller (~1" roller used to seal the seams in wallpaper) to keep pressure on the patch while the glue is setting, just keep rolling back and forth & up and down.
    There is another 'do or die' trick, but I hesitate to mention it for fear someone could ignore my warning a nd further harm their liner. I'll post it if you can't get another patch to stay after following the above advice.

Give it another good try and if that doesn't work, I'll give the other way
    p.s - the quicker you apply the patch after putting the glue on, the less chance of the curling
    Luv & Luk, Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill libraries

thanks, ill give it a try and let you know.

Poconos is offline SuperMod Emeritus Whizbang Spinner Poconos 4 stars Poconos 4 stars Poconos 4 stars Poconos 4 stars Poconos 4 stars Poconos 4 stars

When I was experimenting in preparation for laying a deep end patch I tried a couple patch kits and the adhesives would quickly curl the patch making it almost impossible to lay correctly. Boxer-100, available at pool stores is a slow acting adhesive that won't curl a patch. The downside is it takes time to cure once the patch is placed. Have not tried patching on a wall. A bottom patch is easy....just drop a sandbag on it for a couple days. For the side you may be able to hang a sand filled pillowcase over the side to get some force on it. Don't need much force, just a little to keep it in place while it sets. Anyhow...you may want to give it a try.
    http://www.boxeradhesives.com

Al
    Last edited by Poconos; 05-22-2007 at 07:55 AM.

+ Reply to Thread