+ Reply to Thread

Thread: need a couple more questions answered????

Question need a couple more questions answered????

ok baq conversion, as we can see Im convered added 2-gallons 12.% last night at 10pm at 9am cl reading was 10-15ppm so its holding over night..now 1pm tested its at 3ppm thats ok right.. 2nd: Im now adding 1 sock of cya 1.75 lbs via floating in front of return, how long does it take to dissolve it?? 3rd i think i got sucked up in the pool store, why am I floating chlorinating tablets in my pool??? Trichlor-s-triazinetrione 99% (Available Chlorine: 90%) Pool Season brand:: Why the chorline is going up and down is I dont have cya correct?? 17000 gal av ground sand filter... been reading lots of posts this year and last Iknow its not rocket science but Im new to the system and I dont want to screw up. Once i get a cya reading in how many days???? then i keep my chlorine level at 1-5 ppm by how?? adding chlorine.... couple of weeks away from swimming.... again why am i floating these things??? help I feel like a retard ( dont answer that) for all these ????? but need to go the right direction....

aylad is offline SuperMod Emeritus Burfle Ringer aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars

Default Re: need a couple more questions answered????

Quote Originally Posted by larry b View Post
    ok baq conversion, as we can see Im convered added 2-gallons 12.% last night at 10pm at 9am cl reading was 10-15ppm so its holding over night..now 1pm tested its at 3ppm thats ok right.. 2nd: Im now adding 1 sock of cya 1.75 lbs via floating in front of return, how long does it take to dissolve it?? 3rd i think i got sucked up in the pool store, why am I floating chlorinating tablets in my pool??? Trichlor-s-triazinetrione 99% (Available Chlorine: 90%) Pool Season brand:: Why the chorline is going up and down is I dont have cya correct?? 17000 gal av ground sand filter... been reading lots of posts this year and last Iknow its not rocket science but Im new to the system and I dont want to screw up. Once i get a cya reading in how many days???? then i keep my chlorine level at 1-5 ppm by how?? adding chlorine.... couple of weeks away from swimming.... again why am i floating these things??? help I feel like a retard ( dont answer that) for all these ????? but need to go the right direction....

If your chlorine level did not drop more than 2-3 ppm overnight, then it looks like you're there. The sock of CYA in the return will probably take up to a week or so to completely dissolve, so I wouldn't bother to retest for it or add more until a week is up. Until then, make sure that your chlorine level does not go to less than 1 ppm (I would still keep mine at around 5-10 if I were you until you change the sand in your filter). The pucks that you are floating are slowly adding some CYA, and keeping some chlorine going into your pool. Check your pH, though--they tend to drive it way down. If your pH is okay, then it's okay for now to float them, but when your CYA gets close to your target I would take them out.

Don't forget to change your sand....even though your conversion is complete, you still have Baq crud in that sand and it will always be there to eat up chlorine until it's changed out.

Janet

Default Re: need a couple more questions answered????

thank u so much for a reply!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread