+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Zodiac Mars HP o-ring

JonnyG is offline Registered+ Thread Analyst JonnyG 0

Default Zodiac Mars HP o-ring

Hello all !

I have a Zodiac Mars HP pool cleaner (whihc works unbelievable great!) but the o-ring for the quick disconnect to the wall was lost. The manual does not list info on that part and emails to the manufacturer are unanswered. If anyone owns one of these and can tell me how to get replacement o-rings (or can provide the data on the oring - diameter, thickness, mat'l) that would be much appreciated. I have tried several from our local home improvement store but none seem thick enough.

Thanks in advance

John
    JonnyG (Hunterdon, NJ)
    30,000 Gal IG Shotcrete (Carlton Pools)
    SW Generator
    6ft Sheer Descent
    Jandy equipment (60sf DE filter)
    Zodiac Mars booster pump cleaner
    Teledyne Lars 400,00 Btu heater
    BBB believer

Default Re: Zodiac Mars HP o-ring

John,

Is your quick disconnect the white one with a red plastic piece? If so the customer service, I can pm the phone #, should replace it with the newer design quick disconnect. The newer one has a blue knob. They sent me a new one, but I was within the 2 year warranty.

He is the size of the o-ring:
    outer diameter- 1 5/8"
    inner diameter- 1 3/8"
    thickness 1/8"

The new part # for the quick disconnect is 36323, Leslies can get it for you.

Joe
    Last edited by joenj; 05-17-2007 at 01:16 PM.

Joe -

Thanks for the help, I have the newer blue disconnect. I will go to leslies this weekend a pickup one.

regards
    John
    JonnyG (Hunterdon, NJ)
    SW Generator
    6ft Sheer Descent
    BBB believer

Johnny,

Thanks for posting that it works really great. I am getting one installed after Waterbears review on the cleaner. Not many people seems to have one of these vacuums.

Hopefully they will show up to install it within the next couple weeks as I am tiring of the manual vac work!
    Last edited by caustik; 05-19-2007 at 02:04 PM.
    62,800 Litre IG Vinyl
    1HP Super Pump
    Clearwater LM2-24S SWG
    250K NG Heater
    Mars HP Pool Sweep

Good luck and let us know how it works with your pool!

John
    JonnyG (Hunterdon, NJ)
    SW Generator
    6ft Sheer Descent
    BBB believer

waterbear is offline Lifetime Member Sniggle Mechanic waterbear 4 stars waterbear 4 stars waterbear 4 stars waterbear 4 stars

Quote Originally Posted by caustik View Post
    Johnny,

Thanks for posting that it works really great. I am getting one installed after Waterbears review on the cleaner. Not many people seems to have one of these vacuums.

Hopefully they will show up to install it within the next couple weeks as I am tiring of the manual vac work!
    Caustic,
    Just want to let you know that I have not had to manually vacuum since I installed it. I am amazed at how much stuff it picks up. It's fun to watch it climb the sides of the pool and up the steps. The only area it misses is the top step (water is too shallow) and the ledge in the deep end.
    Retired pool store and commercial pool maintenance guy.

Quote Originally Posted by waterbear View Post
    Caustic,
    Just want to let you know that I have not had to manually vacuum since I installed it. I am amazed at how much stuff it picks up. It's fun to watch it climb the sides of the pool and up the steps. The only area it misses is the top step (water is too shallow) and the ledge in the deep end.
    Evan,

Now your just teasing...I cannot wait to drop that manual vac!!!

Will let you guys know how the mars makes out in my pool when it finally shows up.
    Last edited by caustik; 05-26-2007 at 04:37 PM.
    62,800 Litre IG Vinyl
    1HP Super Pump
    Clearwater LM2-24S SWG
    250K NG Heater
    Mars HP Pool Sweep

waterbear is offline Lifetime Member Sniggle Mechanic waterbear 4 stars waterbear 4 stars waterbear 4 stars waterbear 4 stars

Quote Originally Posted by caustik View Post
    Evan,

Now your just teasing...I cannot wait to drop that manual vac!!!

I picked up a PoolBuster a few weeks back, still have not tried it out yet. I figure it will be perfect for the touch up stuff the Mars leaves behind.

I just brush off the top step and the swim ledge. They never get that dirty anyway.

Will let you guys know how the mars makes out in my pool when it finally shows up.
    I will tell you this. When I first put it in I left the supply hoses slighly longer and I had to shorten them a bit to improve the cleaning. Attach the hose quick connent to the port and hold the hose across the pool to measure the extra three feet past the longest distance from the cleaning port to the pool edge to get the total hose length needed, then measure the deepest part of the pool (I actually had a measuring tape in the water!) to see how long you have to have the clear and white hoses. Also measure the distance between the floats as per the manual. It really makes a big difference in the cleaning and climbing ability of the unit. I eneded up shorthening my hose by 1 ft, 4 inches orver the initial length I cut it to (6" off the clear hose, the rest off the white hose, and I had to remove a float from the clear hose) and the performance of the unit, especially on climbing and cleaning the steps improved dramatically! You might want to consider leaving the hoses slightly longer and having it run for about a week so the hoses "soften" and uncoil from how they are packed in the box before making the final cuts!
    Last edited by waterbear; 05-20-2007 at 12:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyG View Post
    Hello all !

I have a Zodiac Mars HP pool cleaner (whihc works unbelievable great!) but the o-ring for the quick disconnect to the wall was lost. The manual does not list info on that part and emails to the manufacturer are unanswered. If anyone owns one of these and can tell me how to get replacement o-rings (or can provide the data on the oring - diameter, thickness, mat'l) that would be much appreciated. I have tried several from our local home improvement store but none seem thick enough.

Thanks in advance

John
    I also have a problem finding o-rings for the Zodiac C-170. Emails to Zodiac are unanswered. Steer clear of this outfit!

Zodiac has never been known for good customer service and since they have discontinued the Mars (and the Jandy ray vac, which they also own) to push their Polaris line of pressure side cleaners it really reduces the choices of decent cleaners available.

+ Reply to Thread