+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Zodiac Duo Clear

Sumo1 is offline Registered+ Weir Watcher Sumo1 0

Default Zodiac Duo Clear

Does anyone out there have any experience or thoughts about Zodiac's DouClear SWG system? A friend of mine wants to buy from a particular pool store but the Zodiac is the only one they want to sell him. The idea of having to change cartridges twice a year to keep the warranty in effect seems bothersome to me.
    Hal
    20x40 IG gunite free form, approx. 27K gal, 60sq DE filter, Jandy Stealth 2hp 2speed pump, Polaris 380, SWCG

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

Default Re: Zodiac Duo Clear

Isn't that the one that incorporates a Nature2 system? I'd be surprised if you HAD to keep N2 carts in it, and not just leave them out.

My opinion of Nature2 is that it is worse than a waste of money. It introduces copper and silver into your water as an algae control, which I don't want. Cartridges cost as much as a season's worth of bleach, which, of course, defeats one of the main purposes of an SWG--to stop adding chemicals to your pool and reduce your running costs.

I would stay far, far away from any shop that pushes Nature2 AND gives you no alternative on an SWG system.
    Carl

waterbear is offline Lifetime Member Sniggle Mechanic waterbear 4 stars waterbear 4 stars waterbear 4 stars waterbear 4 stars

I would stay away from the DuoClear(we sell them) and go with the LM3 if you are going to go with Zodiac! The duoclear incorperates a Nature 2 cart in the unit, so the dealer is guaranteed continued profits on replacement cartridges for it!
    Retired pool store and commercial pool maintenance guy.

Sumo1 is offline Registered+ Weir Watcher Sumo1 0

I know one person who has one (probably from the same dealer) and she was told to save proof of cart purchases in case of warranty issues. She said she's found replacement cartridges from an ebay store for $79 delivered. The dealer wants $119. Profit, indeed!
    Hal
    20x40 IG gunite free form, approx. 27K gal, 60sq DE filter, Jandy Stealth 2hp 2speed pump, Polaris 380, SWCG

I would listen to Waterbear. Go with the LM3. I have the LM2 and it has been good so far. No complaints.

Stay away from the nature2 stuff as posted around here and other forums in the past.
    62,800 Litre IG Vinyl
    1HP Super Pump
    Clearwater LM2-24S SWG
    250K NG Heater
    Mars HP Pool Sweep

+ Reply to Thread