Hi - I have a Dolphin Diagnostic cleaner currently, and while it does a great job, I (being basically lazy), am tired of changing & washing the bag. I have an over-sized filter, so I am not too concerned w/ the backwash frequency associated w/ the suction side cleaner, but am looking for some answers and opinions.

1. I have a large "step" (around 8' diameter) that is 6" or so of water - do you know of any cleaners that will clean this? (I have to brush it manually now, and it is not a big deal, but mainly, I don't want the cleaner to get stuck on it...) I was looking @ the Kreepy, but don't see a way for it to actually do the step, as most of it would have to be out of the water)
2. I have plumbing for the suction side cleaner, but wondered if I would be better to go through the skimmer if it uses the basket there to collect the leaves? (the basket on my pump is pretty small)
3. Any thoughts on Leaf Cannisters?

4. What is your favorite suction side cleaner, and why (or if you have one you hate, why that?)

Thanks in advance for the help! I have read on the forums, but did not see anything that addressed my first 2 questions directly, so thought I would ask!

-randy