+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Suction Side Cleaner - Q's & Opinions

Default Suction Side Cleaner - Q's & Opinions

Hi - I have a Dolphin Diagnostic cleaner currently, and while it does a great job, I (being basically lazy), am tired of changing & washing the bag. I have an over-sized filter, so I am not too concerned w/ the backwash frequency associated w/ the suction side cleaner, but am looking for some answers and opinions.

1. I have a large "step" (around 8' diameter) that is 6" or so of water - do you know of any cleaners that will clean this? (I have to brush it manually now, and it is not a big deal, but mainly, I don't want the cleaner to get stuck on it...) I was looking @ the Kreepy, but don't see a way for it to actually do the step, as most of it would have to be out of the water)
    2. I have plumbing for the suction side cleaner, but wondered if I would be better to go through the skimmer if it uses the basket there to collect the leaves? (the basket on my pump is pretty small)
    3. Any thoughts on Leaf Cannisters?

4. What is your favorite suction side cleaner, and why (or if you have one you hate, why that?)

Thanks in advance for the help! I have read on the forums, but did not see anything that addressed my first 2 questions directly, so thought I would ask!

-randy

NWMNMom is offline Registered+ Widget Weaver NWMNMom 0

Default Re: Suction Side Cleaner - Q's & Opinions

Well I have a Sta Rite, but I think they were bought out by Pentair. I also have a leaf canister, which I think really helps save on the skimmer basket cleanings as well as catching some of the small stuff that ends up in the pump basket.
    Beats driving to the lake!
    18'x33'x52" AG oval, hard plumbed system, 22" Pentair Meteor Filter 1.5hp pump, Goldline SWCG System, 2/4x20 SolarBear Panels, Biltmore Steps - 16x14' composite deck, Pool Rover Jr

Smile Re: Suction Side Cleaner - Q's & Opinions

I call mine the Krappy Krawler. Don't run one without a leaf canister unless you like cleaning the pump basket.

I run it until I start using the pool and then it goes back into storage. It likes to get stuck on the ladder, the leaf canister, itself, or anything else it can find. It will not clean the steps. At least not on my pool.

In general it has turned me against suction side cleaners.

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

Default Re: Suction Side Cleaner - Q's & Opinions

Get a second bag for the Dolphin and wash them in the washing machine...much easier that way.
    Carl

+ Reply to Thread