+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Polaris

Default Polaris

I bought a Polaris cleaner and was wondering how often are you suppose to use it. It sound like some people have their running all the time. Is that right?

Default Re: Polaris

I run mine (360 model) while my pump/filter are running. Currently 6 hours a day.
    IG concrete, 16K gallon, DE, BBB, Polaris 360

Sumo1 is offline Registered+ Weir Watcher Sumo1 0

My Polaris came with the house. It's old enough that it doesn't look like they do now but it works. We only take it out to swim. It rarely stays out of the pool more than a day and runs whenever the pump's on, currently 5 hrs/day.
    Hal
    20x40 IG gunite free form, approx. 27K gal, 60sq DE filter, Jandy Stealth 2hp 2speed pump, Polaris 380, SWCG

catnip is offline Registered+ Thread Analyst catnip 0

We run our Polaris 280 for 3 hours per day in our 16,000 gallon pool which seems enough to keep the bottom cleaned very nicely. I can't think of any good reason to run it longer than necessary to do it's cleaning job. In addition, the Polaris is fairly maintenance intensive with lots of wear parts, so my advice is to minimize the run time.
    Chuck
    16,000 gallon gunite/plaster, Pool Pilot Digital SC-60, Pentair UltraFlow 1 HP pump, Pentair Tagelus TA 60 filter, Polaris 280

aylad is offline SuperMod Emeritus Burfle Ringer aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars

My 380 lives in the pool year round...I run it a couple of times weekly for 2-3 hours at a time (I have no trees in my yard, just get leaves from neighbor's trees during times of high winds).

No reason I can think of to run it unless you're actually cleaning something.

Janet

Sumo1 is offline Registered+ Weir Watcher Sumo1 0

My Polaris is always picking up sand-like particles so I suppose I'm in for a replaster job one of these days...Yee ha!
    Hal
    20x40 IG gunite free form, approx. 27K gal, 60sq DE filter, Jandy Stealth 2hp 2speed pump, Polaris 380, SWCG

I use mine up to 3 hrs a day. That is what is suggested in the manual as well.

When I had a polaris it would run for 3-4 hours everynight. Only took it out of the pool when guests were over. I would swim with it in the pool and would even run it while I was swimming. That way I could stear it to get any piles of stuff on the bottom.

+ Reply to Thread