+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cross Reference list between Ben's kit and Taylor refills

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Default Cross Reference list between Ben's kit and Taylor refills

With pool season starting and for now at least, refills not available from Ben, many people may be looking for refills elsewhere. The chart at the following link is a cross reference between Ben's kit and Taylor refills so you can know what you need to order from somewhere if you are out of some of the necessary reagents. I'm going to "sticky" it so that it is easily located.

http://www.poolsolutions.com/kit/ps2...rossmatch.html

Default Re: Cross Reference list between Ben's kit and Taylor refills

Hmmm... any idea where the cross reference has been moved from
    http://www.poolsolutions.com/kit/ps2...rossmatch.html
    ?

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

The link above is no longer working. i need to order reagents and I'm not sure how to cross reference the PS234 stuff to LaMotte numbers.

I need PS234 kit Cal#1 (2% sodium hydoxide), is this the same as the Lamotte 7041G?
    I would also like to resupply on the PS234 Cal #3 Hardness Reagent. Which LaMotte product is this?
    BTW - is the PS234 the same as the Taylor K2006? I belive I read here that it is the same but I can't find that thread now to confirm.

Thanks

waterbear is offline Lifetime Member Sniggle Mechanic waterbear 4 stars waterbear 4 stars waterbear 4 stars waterbear 4 stars

No, the PS234 reagents are the same as the equivalent Taylor reagents, NOT the LaMotte ones! The PS234 is based on Taylor's testing methods, not LaMotte's. The reagents you want are Taylor R-0010 calcium buffer and R-0012 Hardness Reagent.

The PS-234 is similar to the K-2006 but there are some differences. The K-2006 uses the larger high precision (2000 series) pH comparator and pH reagent R-0004 (which is used in a 44 ml size water sample) instead of the small (1000 series) comparator and R-0014 reagent (designed for a 9 ml size water sample) which is wider range but lower precision (in the Taylor K-1000 OTO/pH tester included in the PS234 kit) and includes acid and base demand tests (which the PS234 does not) and the CYA test uses the smaller view tube (integrated into the comparator) which has a range of 30 to 100 ppm (as opposed to the larger tube that measures 20 to 100 ppm in the PS234) but uses half as much CYA reagent per test compared to the one in the PS234. The K-2006 also does not include the OTO chlorine test. However, a K-2006 and a K-1000 OTO/pH tester will give you everything in the PS234 and a bit more!
    Retired pool store and commercial pool maintenance guy.

+ Reply to Thread