+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: ? about SWG

KPROMERO is offline Registered+ Thread Analyst KPROMERO 0

Default ? about SWG

I installed a Aquarite last weekend and had water tested and was told that everything was good and where it should be at, but notice that water is not too clear. It has a very very light green tint to it. Is this normal?

duraleigh Guest

Default Re: ? about SWG

had water tested and was told that everything was good and where it should be at
    That quote (and many, many others almost like it) makes me uneasy. It is simply too vague.

However, everything is not "good and where it should be"....pool water is blue.....not green.

Post up some numbers for FC, CC, CH, Alk, pH and CYA and we'll get you started figuring out your issue
    Last edited by duraleigh; 04-21-2006 at 07:33 PM.

Did a test and here are results:
    temp.= 75
    saturation index = -0.1
    tds = 4600
    cya = 100
    total chlorine = 4.2
    free chlroine = 4
    ph = 7.6
    tot. alkalinity = 153
    tot, alkalinty adjust = 123
    tot. hardness = 154
    salt = 3200
    Still have light green tint to water and was told that it is mustard algae. was told to add 3 lbs. of chlorine and add bottle of banish ( from bioguard) and put everything in pool to treat. Pool is 17,200 gallons

duraleigh Guest

Hi, "KP", thanks for the numbers.

Skip the banish. Add 5 gallons of 6% Clorox to your pool....nothing else

purchase your own test kit so you can test for FC, CC, CYA,pH, and Alk. Those pool store test are frequently innacurate and a hassle to go there.

That Clorox will take your pool to 25ppm Cl. When you get your kit, start adding enough Clorox to maintain that 25ppm level 'til your water clears. You may have to add the Clorox 2-3 times each day and test each time but it will work.

Chances are about 98.8% that you've got plain ole' algae. Mustard algae looks like mustard.

There are many threads on the forum about how to get rid of algae. Start reading and buy that test kit. You'll really struggle without it.

Ben's kit is the best money I've spent on my pool. Just about ready to ship, too.

had order my kit during the week from ben. Waiting for it to come in. This is not a mustard look but a pale green look to water. Everything was fine after installing swg but a week later green water.Can i just put on super chlorinate? I also thought that a swg would kill algae and i would not have to worry about it.
    Last edited by KPROMERO; 04-22-2006 at 12:12 PM.

duraleigh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by KPROMERO
    had order my kit during the week from ben. Waiting for it to come in. This is not a mustard look but a pale green look to water. Everything was fine after installing swg but a week later green water.Can i just put on super chlorinate? Thanks for info also.
    You'll love the kit.

All the SWG guys will tell you not to shock with the SWG....puts too much demand on it, it can't respond quickly enough, and it will wear out your cell quickly.

Get the bleach.

Thanks for info. will give it a shot and let ya know. Sucks that one week later i have green tint to water after SWG installed. If i have some leftover chlorine can i use that up since i will not be needing anymore ?
    Last edited by KPROMERO; 04-22-2006 at 12:22 PM.

duraleigh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by KPROMERO
    Thanks for info. will give it a shot and let ya know. Sucks that one week later i have green tint to water after SWG installed. If i have some leftover chlorine can i use that up since i will not be needing anymore ?
    Hi, "KP"
    What kind of Cl do you have? Pucks?......NO!

Let us know what you have!

No pucks. It is called Regal with 68% calcium hypochlorite and 38% other ingrediants.

duraleigh Guest

Yep, It's Great for Shock

put in 4.5 lbs...That should bring your Cl to 25ppm.

Now you need to keep it there. I would test again tonight and add 1 lb for every 5ppm you need to raise your Cl to get it back to 25ppm.

If you run out of Cal Hypo, use 1.5 gallons of 6% Clorox to raise your pool 5ppm.

+ Reply to Thread