+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: ? about SWG

Default Re: ? about SWG

Hi KP

Are you sure that it is mustard algae? With the numbers that you have posted, everything should be good. I personally dont like your CYA at 100 we tell everyone to run at half of that. There have been some great posts on high CYA and Ben has talked about it as well. If it is too high, you need to run higher Chlorine levels. As far as the green pool goes, if you have confirmed that it is algae then that is great. I just had a pool a few weeks ago with almost the same numbers (except CYA) and it was a pretty green colour as well. It was also very clear except for the colour and it turned out that they had used cheap water softener salt to start their pool. I push the use of water softener salt but it has to be the clean white pellet kind not the stuff with pink and brown lumps. In the end, I told them to leave everything alone and the colour went away after about a week of filtering. Check your salt and make sure that it is the right stuff. If it is, the other advice given here is great.

Mark Manning
    Watermaid Canada
    mark@watermaid.ca
    www.watermaid.ca

KPROMERO is offline Registered+ Thread Analyst KPROMERO 0

Default Re: ? about SWG

Salt I bought was from leslie's pools and was call aquasalt or something like that. Was $8 for 40 lb. bag. From what i hear mustard algae is a mustard color and mine is a very light green color, so not sure but thats what local pool place told me and it's like a mom and pop store and they have never steard me wrong before. Doing the shock thing and will see what happens. Also if it was another kind of algae I thought that it does not grow in a system with a SWG, but I am knew to it since it has only been connected to pool for only 1 week today and have been running it 24 hours a day.

+ Reply to Thread