+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Baquacil Conversion

Poconos is offline SuperMod Emeritus Whizbang Spinner Poconos 4 stars Poconos 4 stars Poconos 4 stars Poconos 4 stars Poconos 4 stars Poconos 4 stars

Default Re: Baquacil Conversion

When I said bypass I was implying recirculate on the filter. As for doing a comlete dump and fill that would be a problem with a liner pool. There has been a technique mentioned where you use a large plastic sheet, or several smaller ones taped/glued together, to cover the pool. Start filling from the top and pumping from the bottom. The sheet separates the old and new water and gives a 100% replacement. On the well pump, if you hook enough hoses to keep the pressure down and keep it from cycling it should easily handle the job. Cycling is what kills them. Of course you could run the well dry and/or kick up a bunch of silt. Got a stream or creek or some body of water handy?
    Al

Default Re: Baquacil Conversion

so what you are saying is place the filter on recirculate and not on the normal filter setting...why?? I don't have to filter the water just move it around until the chemicals take hold...will this save me from having to clean the filter grids until the conversion is complete??

+ Reply to Thread