+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Aqua RiteŽ Jr. ?

Default Aqua RiteŽ Jr. ?

Can anyone tell me the specific differences between the "regular" and the JR model?
    I found one on eBay from a reputable seller and this is what they tell me when asked( but i cant find speciffic information on the goldline site).

Thank you for your interest in our eBay item: Aqua RiteŽ Jr. Electronic Chlorine Generator. The Jr. model will produce chlorine for an in ground pool up to 20K gallons and the regular model Aqua Rite will produce chlorine for a pool with up to 40K gallons of water. The only difference between the 2 models is the amount of chlorine they will produce. The installation process is the same as for the 40K model ? view instructions here: http://www.goldlinecontrols.com

I have a 13K gallon pebble tek and wonder if i really need the larger unit, or if perhaps the bigger one would be more efficient.

waste is offline PF Support Team Whizbang Spinner waste 3 stars waste 3 stars waste 3 stars

Default Re: Aqua RiteŽ Jr. ?

BND, I find nothing about a Jr. model on the site and have no mention of it in my 2005 Tech manual. It sounds like it's the AquaTrol for AG pools.
    MY understanding, from reading the posts here, is that the larger the cell, the less often it will have to be replaced. Cell life is determined by the amount of time it's 'active', so a cell that is 1/2 as large will produce the same amount of chlorine @ 100% as a cell that is 2X as large @ 50%. If you're getting a great deal on the smaller unit, be aware that the cell will need to be replaced more often and take that $ into account.
    Luv & Luk, Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill libraries

Thanks for the reply, i couldnt find anything either,i emailed goldine asking them about it. I dont think it the unit for an AG. here is the lik to the auction..
    xhttp://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=007&sspagename=STRK%3AME WA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=170097928836&rd=1&rd=1
    (Remove the x at the beginning)
    The picture in the auction shows a cell with a larger union the the picture ive seen for the AG unit.

The auction also states:Sold exclusively by Blue Haven pools and spas Supplies Direct .
    Could they actually have an exclusive unit they sell?

Regardless, your point about the larger cell is well taken and i was considering that already, i think i will go with the standard unit.

waterbear is offline Lifetime Member Sniggle Mechanic waterbear 4 stars waterbear 4 stars waterbear 4 stars waterbear 4 stars

Goldline actually does makes several private branded units of their AquaRite. For example, the Mineral Springs unit by Bioguard is an older model (non self cleaning) AquaRite. It is enitrely possible that they manufacture a scaled down model for Blue Haven. I would stay away from it. If you ever needed replacement cells you would probably have to get them from Blue Haven!
    Retired pool store and commercial pool maintenance guy.

Quote Originally Posted by waterbear View Post
    Goldline actually does makes several private branded units of their AquaRite. For example, the Mineral Springs unit by Bioguard is an older model (non self cleaning) AquaRite. It is enitrely possible that they manufacture a scaled down model for Blue Haven. I would stay away from it. If you ever needed replacement cells you would probably have to get them from Blue Haven!
    The cell replacement issue is exactly what i thought of.
    Looks like the regular unit.
    Opinions of buying from eBay? Several seem like pretty solid sellers
    about 630 shipped for the 40K model.

+ Reply to Thread