We opened our pool ourselves this year. Everything seems to be working great except for the Kreepy. It won't work at all. We replaced 2 hose sections that had small holes in them and replaced the seal. We adjusted the weights on the hose and checked for anything that might be clogged.
We only have one skimmer/suction. When we opened the pool the pool guys from fall had screwed a piece of PVC pipe into the hole that has the suction..which we removed. There are two holes in the bottom of the skimmer...when turned on one has suction the other doesn't. (I'm trying to give enough info here so please bear with me) It has done a great job of getting the stuff from the top of the pool so I know it's working and if you stick your hand in there the suction seems to be very strong. When we plug in the Kreepy it just sits there.
We have backwashed, emptied baskets and re-emptied baskets and are at a loss on how to get it to suction enough to make the Kreepy work. We have a 1.5 hp pump and a TA60 Tagelus Sand filter with new sand last summer. Any thoughts?
TIA

17,300 IG Gunite