+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Pool Buster vs. Pool Buster CG

Default Pool Buster vs. Pool Buster CG

Copied from Pooltalk

Pool Buster vs. Pool Buster CG
    I'm getting ready to purchase the Pool Buster to use in conjunction with the Blue Pearl this season and would like to know if there is a significant difference in the regular model versus the commercial model. I don't want to spend the extra bucks if the difference is marginal. Any feedback on pros/cons of both models would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

DONNIE is offline Registered+ Thread Analyst DONNIE 0

Default Re: Pool Buster vs. Pool Buster CG

I bought the regular PB and love it. You HAVE TO get the fine mesh filter though. It will pick up leaves etc but dirt/sand will pass right thru the regular filter. I can't say anything bad about it at all.

Donnie
    9000 Gallon Fiberglass IG / Sta-Rite pump,cartridge filter & heater / PoolPilot Dig 220-36 SWG / Testing w/K2006

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

Quote Originally Posted by DONNIE View Post
    I bought the regular PB and love it. You HAVE TO get the fine mesh filter though. It will pick up leaves etc but dirt/sand will pass right thru the regular filter. I can't say anything bad about it at all.

Donnie
    Ditto. The CG comes with it and is a little more powerful.

When I got my PB there was only one on the market. I THINK I was the first one here to try it--and I really, really liked it. Last year was it's 3rd or 4th season--I've forgotten now. But last year (or was it the year before?) I got the finer mesh and WOW! As good as a skimmer vacuum, but MUCH easier, lighter and FASTER...When not using my Blue Diamond.

You can even use the PB while you are in the water, with a pole or a mask'n'snorkle. Is it easier that way? Maybe not, but it sure is cooler! and more fun, too!

The PoolBuster is a GREAT invention!
    Carl

DONNIE is offline Registered+ Thread Analyst DONNIE 0

Be careful when ordering the fine mesh filter. There is another product that is a package of 5 fiber "socks" that you insert in the original filter. Can't tell you if they work or not but it is not the fine mesh filter assembly that fits into the PB.

Donnie
    9000 Gallon Fiberglass IG / Sta-Rite pump,cartridge filter & heater / PoolPilot Dig 220-36 SWG / Testing w/K2006

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

Quote Originally Posted by DONNIE View Post
    Be careful when ordering the fine mesh filter. There is another product that is a package of 5 fiber "socks" that you insert in the original filter. Can't tell you if they work or not but it is not the fine mesh filter assembly that fits into the PB.

Donnie

They also sell paper disposables. The manuf claims these filter even more finely than the fine mesh. That's probably what you are seeing.
    Carl

joliecharlie is offline ** No working email address ** Thread Analyst joliecharlie 0

Carl,
    I bought the fine filter online as you suggested for my sand problem, however I cannot find the paper filter. I imagine it looks like a cone coffee filter???
    If you happen to have a website link, would you please post it?
    Thanks,

Pool Buster is made by www.watertechcorp.com
    They sell the parts on-line. They also sell the Blue Diamond robotic. It's a great cleaner but idiosyncratic: I have to take out my ladder before I run it and it once tried to eat the cord. You also cannot use it on odd-shaped pools without the remote, and then you must direct it (ugh!). But it works great on rectangular pools and is FAST!

I also have a Dolphin Remote control. This one, when it works, doesn't have a problem with the ladder, and it can handle multiple shapes easily, but takes 8 hours. It's the second one--I had SUCH problems with the first one the third season and raised SUCH a stink they gave me a new one.
    Carl

Quote Originally Posted by CarlD View Post
    Ditto. The CG comes with it and is a little more powerful.
    The CG no longer comes with the fine mesh bag (they have a GC MAX package for an extra $50 that comes with it now).

But yes, the finer bag is a must for the unit!
    Pool discussion site - new users accepted - questions crossposted here upon request: []www.pooltalk.info[]

gwrace1 is offline Registered+ Thread Analyst gwrace1 0

I bought the Pool Buster Max this week and so far love it. The regular filter bag was letting to much sand and fine silt pass thru so I purchased the finer sand filter bag.

My only complaint is that these things are pricey and they all should come with the sand filter bag. Twenty five to thirty dollars for a piece of material stitched to a rubber/plastic/vinyl lip is to much. It probably cost about a buck to make. They advertise that the product as sold will pick up fine sand. Not so without the optional sand filter bag.

33' Artesian Echo Canyon Ultra II round with 54" wall 26000 gallon capacity -- 1.5 HP 2 Speed Pump / Pentair 26" Sand Filter with Zeolite filter media
    Aquarite Salt Water Generator -- Complete aluminum deck with fence kit
    Aqualuminator with Fountain -- Solar Pool Lights
    Pool Pictures at the link below
    http://community.webshots.com/album/548241672nKeuyR

gwrace1 is offline Registered+ Thread Analyst gwrace1 0

Quote Originally Posted by falken View Post
    The CG no longer comes with the fine mesh bag (they have a GC MAX package for an extra $50 that comes with it now).

But yes, the finer bag is a must for the unit!
    Yes I noticed this to when reviewing the specs on the product website.

I also can't see any real difference in the specs that justify a $100-150 price premium for the CG model. Battery and Motor specs are the same as well as the run time and charge time. They do mention some added corrosion protection and supposedly 33% more suction power. However more suction power equates to more power consumption and less battery run time.
    Owners manual on the Buster Max says two hours for initial charge gets you going and 1 hour maintenance charge is average for most pool cleaning jobs.

33' Artesian Echo Canyon Ultra II round with 54" wall 26000 gallon capacity -- 1.5 HP 2 Speed Pump / Pentair 26" Sand Filter with Zeolite filter media
    Aquarite Salt Water Generator -- Complete aluminum deck with fence kit
    Aqualuminator with Fountain -- Solar Pool Lights
    Pool Pictures at the link below
    http://community.webshots.com/album/548241672nKeuyR

+ Reply to Thread