+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Pool Buster vs. Pool Buster CG

Default Re: Pool Buster vs. Pool Buster CG

Bumping this up.
    The Owner/Inventor/President of Pool Buster is stopping by to see what is being said of his product. Bumping up for his convience.

Other threads on this forum about the Pool Buster:
    http://www.poolforum.com/pf2/showthr...ghlight=Buster

~Hoffmans

karrde97 is offline Registered+ Thread Analyst karrde97 0

Mine works great except there seems to be a leak. When I pull the nozzle off, there's a trail on sand (what's in the pool) on one side. Just ran it today and it looked a little better. Sometimes it looks like it just blows the stuff right through even with the silt bag.
    21' AG 48" AquaLeader
    Central Illinois

I bought the Poolbuster CG from PoolDr.com last spring. Used it exclusivily to clean my newly installed 18x36 vinly inground keyhole pool. After the cement apron was installed I had a ton of stuff in that pool, including some small rocks. Used it a couple of times a week from late May til early October and it worked great. This year I'm going to buy either a Blue Pearl or Blue Diamond. You can use the poolbuster to clean a pool the size of mine, but....you better be retired like I am. Takes a bit of time. This year I'll just use it for doing the stairs or a quick touch up. I think the CG is a more powerful model and comes with extra bags. Mine came with an extra charger, which unfortunately didn't work at all. I just threw it in the trash. I suppose I could've asked for a replacement but one seemed enough.

Hi all, After reading these posts I splurged and purchased a Pool Blaster Max CG. Boy am I sorry! This thing is a toy, and I spent real money for it ($320 shipped).
    My pool is close to several Texas Live Oak trees, and those leaves settle on the bottom of the pool after floating for just a few hours. The Pool Blaster is so weak that the vacuuming motion just pushed the leaves out of the way.
    If I vacuum smaller debris the Pool Buster does a better job, but I still have to slowly go back over the same spot 4-5 times to get everything.
    My pool is IG, Gunite, 16K gallons, and I used the Pool Buster wheels as recommended.
    The manufacturer says the MAX CG pumps "up to 61 GPM". I think this is a typo, and it is more likely "up to 61 GPH" (gallons per hour instead of gallons per minute). Interestingly the rating of the Max is "up to 47 GPM" and the MAX CG is "up to 61GPM" and yet the size is the same and the weight is 5.65 pounds Max versus 5.70 pounds for the MAX CG. Both claim battery life "up to 1 hr." So what is the difference besides about $100? Getting 30% more water flow (61/47) has to mean a larger motor and a larger battery pack. Since the weight between the two models is virtually the same, I contend that the additional cost for MAX CG is based upon fraud.
    My 2 Horsepower pool filter pump pumps 90 GPM, and that takes 220 volts at 10 amperes, so how the heck can the Pool Buster pump 61 GPM with a pack of AA size rechargeable batteries, and do so for "up to 1 hour"? It cannot and I've been duped ladies and gentleman.
    The last time I fell for something as fake as this was when I was a kid and I bought a packet of "Sea Monkeys" which turned out to be a 1/4 teaspoon of brine shrimp eggs. This time I've spent real money, and I bet getting a refund will be a major headache.

comments welcome

Regards,
    Jim

hoffmans said:

>OK !!!
    >I just got off the phone w/ WaterTech.

>The PoolBuster Max is $199.99 no bells and whistles.

>The PoolBuster Comercial Grade is $349.00 it includes:
    >- Sand and Silt bag
    >- 5 disposable bags ( the sales girl AMY said they can be used 5 to 7 times >before you have to throw them away)
    >- One extra charger
    >- the PoolBuster Vacuum CG w/ 33% more power.

Reply by Jimmy C:

My MAX CG came with one bag (not sure which type), and one charger. I paid a little less ($320.91 shipped) and the box was factory sealed. If I lay my MAX CG on it's site while in the water with the topmost part of the PB at surface level, and primed, the water discharge out creates a small geyser that is only 2-3" in height. I'd like to figure a way to measure the GPM flow rate, but I'd say with 100% certainty that the flow is much less than the advertised "up to 61 GPM" figure. Remember that 55 gallons is the typical capacity of a barrel. Does the PB MAX CG pump that much in a minute?

I'd really like to hear from others how much their PB MAX CG pumps based on the test I described above. Do so with a clean filter and fresh battery charge.

Jim

ivyleager is offline Lifetime Member Weir Watcher ivyleager 0

My PB CG died last year w/in a few months of purchase. I bought from WaterTech, and received a return number. Just sent in last month. I have not yet heard back from them. I'll give them another week or so, then call and raise hell.

Ended up buying a Polaris 360 which worked great last season, did a teriffic job. No compalints. Put it in this year, seems too slow and lacks power. I've tried all the gizmo tricks, just tired of having to constantly battle the pool cleaners. I've reached my limit. I'm due for a robotic. I'd rather have a gorgeous cabana pool boy do all the work.

CaryB

No refunds on Pool Cleaners bought from many retailers. So I am trying to cut my losses and sell my Pool Blaster Max CG:

http://austin.craigslist.org/for/679653396.html

Jimmy

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

Funny. My experience with it has been very good--and I bought one of the first ones on the market on a whim.

I DID have troubles with it losing a charge. But I didn't contact them during the warranty. Therefore I had to pay $79 for the replacement battery/motor, but it's been just fine since then. I did buy the fine bag, but not the disposables, and I've been happy with that. I think I am going into the 3rd season with the new battery...I had it all last year, so it must have been the 2006 season when I changed it. Note: I checked the post and this IS the third season. I bought it in the 2003 season.

You must remember to tip the PB nose UP while still completely under water before turning it off and let the water drain out the back not the front.

My main cleaner is a Blue Diamond robotic, so the PB is for spot cleaning or when I don't want to set up the robot.
    Carl

+ Reply to Thread