+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Pool Buster vs. Pool Buster CG

ivyleager is offline Lifetime Member Weir Watcher ivyleager 0

Default Re: Pool Buster vs. Pool Buster CG

Just received PB-CG yesterday and used it today. While I like it's easy set-up (basically none compared to manual vac w/ hoses), it certainly does not have anywhere near the suction. I found that I had to go over some of the same spots again, and again. It really does not do a good job, comparatively, at picking up even small leaves. Again, had to try several times to get the one or two in my pool sucked up. I also found that I had to make sure I was pushing down on the pole to keep the PB in contact with the pool bottom. The other ting I'm not sure about is how high I can lift out of the water to do my walkin steps. I didn't do the top or the second step as the PB was about 1/2 out of the water by then. Can I do higher as long as the vacuum head is underwater???

I did, however, complete the job in about 20 minutes from start to finish, including cleaning silt-bag, and returning unit to garage. No need to roll up hoses, drag them around the pool, etc.

Easy, yes. The best cleaner ever....no.

CaryB

Something is not right. Are you using the rollers or the brushes?? The PB CG easily picks up large leaves and such for me. The rollers provide better suction (they are OK for vinyl per Watertech), I switched to the brushes to, well, just brush a bit more... You do have to go directly over stuff, but you shouldn't have to go back and forth.

Perhaps pictures of your assembled unit or some description might help. Did you charge it for several hours before trying it out?

ivyleager is offline Lifetime Member Weir Watcher ivyleager 0

I am using the brushes as I have a vinyl lined pool, I guess I could try the rollers tomorrow. I charged the unit overnight, and did not feel any decrease in its power during the time it was used. I put everything together as directed, and I'm pretty mechanically inclined.....for a girl.

I used the silt and sand bag, instead of the regular bag. The only thing I read different from my set up is that directions said that the fine mesh bag is to be used with the silt & sand bag. Can't see how that should make any difference, but I'll try that tomorrow also.

The brushes supplied on this unit are rather long, and not very stiff. The brushes on my manual vac head are very stiff. I can see that these would provide better "brushing" of debris, especially along the liner seam area where I had the most difficulty.

Will try these changes and see what happens.

CaryB

I was using the brushes as well and am going to switch to the wheels to get the advertised "better" suction than the brushes.

I did pick up a few leaves, but I really need the silt bag I just ordered today.

OK !!!
    I just got off the phone w/ WaterTech.

The PoolBuster Max is $199.99 no bells and whistles.

The PoolBuster Comercial Grade is $349.00 it includes:
    - Sand and Silt bag
    - 5 disposable bags ( the sales girl AMY said they can be used 5 to 7 times before you have to throw them away)
    - One extra charger
    - the PoolBuster Vacuum CG w/ 33% more power.

On top of those prices you have to pay shipping and a small tax.

This is what i chose to purchase:
    $199.00 - PoolBuster Max
    $25.00 - One Sand and Silt Bag
    $19.99 - One package of 5 of the Micro Filter disposables.

Subtotal = $243.99
    Sales Tax = $2.46 (yes i purchased it over the phone- whats w/ the tax?)
    Shipping = $35.16

Grand Total = $281.61

They said 7 to 10 business days for delivery.

Can i use it to do ALL my regular summer vacuuming ( not including major clean ups)?
    I hate using the vac that came w/ the pool, it is soooooooo slow and i have to go over the same spot several times very slowly.

~Hoffmans

I have a CG. With the fine bag, I really don't think you will need the disposable bags, but let us know how they work since you've already paid for them!

You can use the PB for the whole pool. But, I think the combination of a PB plus an automatic of some sort makes more sense, especially for a larger pool. I have the PB CG and a Pool Rover Plus for my 20x40 IG vinyl. I went for a month or so with just the PB, but covering the entire pool required several bag cleanings and I had to be there the whole time. My Rover cleans 95% of the pool in 2 hours and I only have to spend about 5 minutes on setup and cleanup.

I normally run the Rover every other day and use the PB to spot clean whenever. Its a great combo!

I love my PB. It quit working this spring. I got lucky and it was still in warranty. Sent it back and they fixed it. Now i am good to go again.
    The number of people staring at you is directly proportional to the stupidity of your actions.

I must say that the silt bag makes a huge difference in this product's performance. I think it's great...

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

Quote Originally Posted by mariner09 View Post
    I must say that the silt bag makes a huge difference in this product's performance. I think it's great...
    I agree. A PB with the silt bag means never having to use a hose-based vacuum! Easier to set up and clean up, easier to vacuum with, and does a better job, too.

Plus on a hot day you can grab the PB and dive down to the bottom to spot clean and stay cool!
    Carl

joliecharlie is offline ** No working email address ** Thread Analyst joliecharlie 0

The disposable bag is a shorter version of the skimmer socks (material women's tights are made of) . Works great for the fine stuff that still goes thru the silt bag. I am washing mine in the washer with bed sheets and reusing.

+ Reply to Thread