+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Swimming yet?

jenpen400 Guest

Default Swimming yet?

Our pool hit 74 yesterday so we tossed the kids in they had a blast. They were shivering and still wouldn't get out.
    Good see old friends
    Jennifer

Default Re: Swimming yet?

Water just went above 70 today and DH went in after doing a lot of physical work in the mid-80's heat. Went in up to his waist and said that third (last) step into the pool was a killer!!!
    Sandy
    15,600 gallon, screened 15x30 IG plaster sport pool with 6x8 tanning area, Aquarite SWCG, Hayward cartridge filter, Polaris 280 cleaner

nater is offline Registered+ Weir Watcher nater 0

I was in mine on the 25th @ 70 degrees. Let me rephrase that, I was very briefly in for a short time on the 25th.

I've become very thin blooded in my short tenure in the South I used to swim in my folks' pool and Lake Michigan in the mid to upper 60's!!
    Nater
    16x32 Vinyl IG, 20,000 gal, Autopilot DIG-220 w/60 series cell, Dolphin Diagnostic Pool Boy

Didn't get in, but my pool made it to 73F...
    Now winter is deciding to come back, it was 83F today, and it is going to be 42F tomorrow! They say it will make it back to low 60's in about a week, I enjoyed the 80+ weather while it lasted.
    Pool discussion site - new users accepted - questions crossposted here upon request: []www.pooltalk.info[]

I havent been in but my oldest boy jumped in to help get the cover off. He commented about freezing parts of his body off while in the pool so I havent had the parts he froze off to get in yet. Checked the temp and was around 65 to 68 so I will wait for a while untill it hits at least 75.
    Steve

waterbear is offline Lifetime Member Sniggle Mechanic waterbear 4 stars waterbear 4 stars waterbear 4 stars waterbear 4 stars

Now I know why I live in Florida! Pool's been in the high 70's for the past 3 weeks and I turned on the heater to bump it into the low 80's. Air temp has been high 70's to low 80's during the day. Swimming's been great!
    Retired pool store and commercial pool maintenance guy.

aylad is offline SuperMod Emeritus Burfle Ringer aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars

Yep, since last week. kids have been in several times. Water temp is 75 degrees today...I won't get in until 80, but they're having a ball.

Janet

Water is 77 degrees. Grandson got in at 72 degrees and we couldn't get him out! I've been tempted, but haven't braved it yet. Weather is suppose cool way down the next few days.

Air temp was in the 70's again today. Of course they're predicting 20's tomorrow It ain't spring yet.

dan

mas985 is offline Lifetime Member Whizbang Spinner mas985 3 stars mas985 3 stars mas985 3 stars

Northern CA and my water hit 84 degrees over the weekend. Oversized solar with a cover does wonders this time of year.
    Mark
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump/Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, MaxFlo SP2303VSP, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater

+ Reply to Thread