+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: A new pool forum

jnorris is offline Registered+ Thread Analyst jnorris 0

Default Re: A new pool forum

Sean, I'm having problems with the new site this morning. When I'm logged in, and click on Forums, I get an error page. If I click Log Out, then the Forums page comes up. I tried deleting my cookies and temp files, and logging back into the site, but no change.
    Judy

Designated "pool girl" for 16 x 40 IG vinyl pool (installed in 2006) in S.C.

SeanB. is offline --General User-- Weir Watcher SeanB. 0

Quote Originally Posted by jnorris View Post
    Sean, I'm having problems with the new site this morning. When I'm logged in, and click on Forums, I get an error page. If I click Log Out, then the Forums page comes up. I tried deleting my cookies and temp files, and logging back into the site, but no change.
    Thanks. I'm aware of the problem, but apparently the upgrade caused a few bugs, which are being worked on. In the meantime, you can get to the forum with the following link:

http://www.troublefreepool.com/index

Hopefully this will be resolved SOON.

Thanks,
    Sean

--------------------------------
    Site Owner
    www.troublefreepool.com
    Last edited by SeanB.; 11-10-2007 at 04:28 AM.

OK, all the issues have been fixed (fingers crossed) and you should be able to login and use the forum as normal.

You should also notice considerably faster page loads!

Sean

-----------------------------
    Site Owner
    www.troublefreepool.com
    Last edited by SeanB.; 11-10-2007 at 04:28 AM.

jnorris is offline Registered+ Thread Analyst jnorris 0

Quote Originally Posted by SeanB. View Post
    OK, all the issues have been fixed (fingers crossed) and you should be able to login and use the forum as normal.

You should also notice considerably faster page loads!

Sean

-----------------------------
    www.troublefreepool.com
    Thanks Sean. It's all good now. Now if we could just get more people over there posting. I still consider myself new to the pool game, and I learn so much from other people posting about their problems.
    Judy

Designated "pool girl" for 16 x 40 IG vinyl pool (installed in 2006) in S.C.

I wish I could say the forum was still down as part of the upgrade process but I don't believe that to be the case. It went down around 6 PM CST last night. The host company I have been using gave no prior notice of any expected downtime or even slowness. The rumor is that they got hacked, but I have no way of knowing if that is the case, nor if that could bring down their entire system, which appears to have happened. None of the sites they host, including their own website, are available right now.

Needless to say, I'm going to be moving the site to a new host. The really frustrating part about this is that in order to simply MOVE the site, the current host needs to be up and running. If they are not, I might have to start from scratch. I also purchased my .com name through them, so I'm not sure if there will be any complications of starting at a new host with the same domain name. I hope not.

For the time being, all I can do is hope that they get everything back up again as quickly as possible. My preference is to wait until they are operational again before trying to switch hosts, but if they are not up, or have not somehow provided word as to what is going on within 24hrs, I will begin the process of moving to a new host.

I'm sure this is frustrating to all of you as it is extremely aggravating to me. But please rest assured, I WILL get the site back on-line as quickly as possible. Thanks for all of your support and continued patience.

------------------------------
    Site Owner
    www.troublefreepool.com
    Last edited by SeanB.; 11-10-2007 at 04:27 AM.

NWMNMom is offline Registered+ Widget Weaver NWMNMom 0

Well!!! That explains it. I have been clicking like ever and thinking its my Norton or something that won't let me connect! Hope its back up soon!
    Beats driving to the lake!
    18'x33'x52" AG oval, hard plumbed system, 22" Pentair Meteor Filter 1.5hp pump, Goldline SWCG System, 2/4x20 SolarBear Panels, Biltmore Steps - 16x14' composite deck, Pool Rover Jr

Quote Originally Posted by NWMNMom View Post
    Well!!! That explains it. I have been clicking like ever and thinking its my Norton or something that won't let me connect! Hope its back up soon!

Well, so far no word or anything from the host company. I'm looking into new hosting options already. It may take me a day or two to get it back up and running again.

Check back here for updates (if the mods are gracious enough to allw me to contiue posting this infor here) OR send me an e-mail to admn.troublefreepool@yahoo.com. I'll start a list of everyone to notify when the site is back up. Unfortunatley, my mass e-mail capability is also down with the host -argghhh or I could have just updated EVERYONE that way.

I promise though, I'm not giving up or going anywhere. Apparently, I just made a very poor decision on my hosting company - won't happen again!

Sean

----------------------------
    Site owner
    www.troublefreepool.com
    Last edited by SeanB.; 11-10-2007 at 03:58 AM.

From the host:
    Over the past 24 hours (host company) experienced DNS caching issues. This caused problems with accessing forums on our network. We have been working hard over the past 24 hours and have been able to resolve these issues. However due to the nature of the problem it will take 24-48 hours for your DNS Cache to update.

We regret and apologize for any inconvenience this downtime may have caused. We are committed to providing our customers with the highest service level in the industry. The upgrade in servers will provide our customers with faster and more reliable connections; as well as the ability to offer new features and capabilities in the future. Thank you for your support.
    You should start seeing the site again soon. I know have access again. It will vary by each ISP. I'll still be looking for a new host, but this will make that transition much easier, without data loss.

Thanks again,
    Sean

--------------------------------
    Site Owner
    www.troublefreepool.com

Sean-

While it costs a bit (not much) I've found that having your DNS registered somewhere other than your ISP solves problems related to downtimes and switchovers of your ISP. That way you can just switch your host when you want and not have to worry about the handoff of DNS at the same time (which always seems to take forever). I think I remember you mentioning this is related to your field so this is probably not that insightful.

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by jasontx View Post
    Sean-

While it costs a bit (not much) I've found that having your DNS registered somewhere other than your ISP solves problems related to downtimes and switchovers of your ISP. That way you can just switch your host when you want and not have to worry about the handoff of DNS at the same time (which always seems to take forever). I think I remember you mentioning this is related to your field so this is probably not that insightful.

Jason
    Thanks Jason. I sent you a pm.

------------------------------
    Site owner
    www.troublefreepool.com

+ Reply to Thread