+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Polaris 360

Default Polaris 360

I would be grateful if people would share their experiences (if any) with the Polaris 360.

This is the one which does not require a separate booster pump.

Thanks ever so much.
    Pool owner - contract signed 21Aug2006; HOA approval granted; complete - existing patio demolition; excavation; rebar; embedded plumbing; gunite; plumbing; electrical; tile and coping; decking; plaster; pool fill; acid start-up; regular start-up; pool school; gas meter upgrade; additional of salt; PDA remote programming.

Default Re: Polaris 360

This is the one my pool builder gave us with the pool. It works great. Usually two hours and the pool is spotless.
    25000 IG gunite.

I have one also and it dose a good job at cleaning the pool. I also use the poolbuster for the areas thatthe 360 misses.

Follow-up question, please:

How big (HP) is your main filter pump that powers your Polaris 360?
    Pool owner - contract signed 21Aug2006; HOA approval granted; complete - existing patio demolition; excavation; rebar; embedded plumbing; gunite; plumbing; electrical; tile and coping; decking; plaster; pool fill; acid start-up; regular start-up; pool school; gas meter upgrade; additional of salt; PDA remote programming.

I have a 2.0 horsepower pump. But I joined this site after pool was built,and it seems from what I read that I probably only needed a 1.5
    25000 IG gunite.

Bryjen, I just noticed you're in Frederick, MD. I'm just up the road in Woodsboro. We have just started our pool build, well trees/stumps are being removed and the equipment just arrived. Whom may I ask installed your pool?

Sorry I never checked back on this thread. If you still need to know it sylvan pools.
    25000 IG gunite.

Quote Originally Posted by eljefe281 View Post
    I would be grateful if people would share their experiences (if any) with the Polaris 360.

This is the one which does not require a separate booster pump.

Thanks ever so much.
    My new pool also built by Anthony Sylvan, 2hp pump with a 60ft3 DE filter. The Polaris 360 part of the pool package)cleans very well but gets stuck on the shallow end steps. So I periodically have to move the Polaris off the steps(they are a concave shape). Without sticking-the Polaris keep the pool clean if run 2hr/per day. You need two bags and replacement ends as the ends wear away after one season (cost $5.00). Having two bags aids in empting the bags as it is easier when they are dry vice wet. The Polaris works best when my DE filter press is 28psi-so you need to adjust the Polaris/pool discharge Jandy valve to adjust.

My normal practise is to get in the pool with the Polaris and direct is to the dirty areas as it swims around-doing so will clean the pool in less than 1 hr!!

I also would make sure the pool discharge outlets (at the shallow end), are pointing below the horizontal or have some adjustable nozzle installed (easy during the pool build). If you do not, the A&S pools end up with turbulence of the surface water at the discharge (since a 2hp pump), and this results in aeration and pH rising, requiring more acid adds.
    Don
    30,000 gal concrete pool -- Autopilot SWG
    Using BBB for chemistry -- Using LaMotte ColorQ for testing

+ Reply to Thread