+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pebble tec upgrade dilemma

Default Pebble tec upgrade dilemma

Original base price $48k pool/spa bid included base white plaster. Optional upgrade showed pebble tec for $6720. I was told that was the increased price above what the white plaster would be (@$2800). From everything I have been reading and sinced learned that seemed pretty high. In looking into upgrading color -- midnight blue @$2800+ I have now learned that the $6700 was the original total price w/ PB markup for the pebble tec w/o any credit for the base white plaster. The PB is now telling me the contract should not have stated "add to base". I am kind of frustrated by the whole thing -- and pebble tec only allowing 1 installer in area thus no competitive bidding doesn't help ($10k+ for ocean blue pebble sheen). So do I just say forget the + $6700 on the pebble tec and go w/ gray plaster +$600 or maybe look into other products i.e. wetedge or ???

Default Re: Pebble tec upgrade dilemma

My pool design is roughly 12x24 + spa, and my good faith estimate only specifies an additional $1,510 to upgrade to a standard pebble tec finish. That $6,700 looks pretty steep to me in comparison I guess. I would try to negotiate that price down if possible, otherwise it looks like an attractive area to conserve some money.

We built a 15x30 IGP and spa last year. The pebble tec upgrade was about 4-5k. It seems I could buy the same surface for equal amount in my area. Basically I was not getting any money "off" for no marcite. I checked another couple upgrades (filter, 2 speed pump) and same deal, they basically installed it for the cost of the equipment. Since I received no discounts from the OEM products that were upgraded, I upgraded very little at the time of the pool being built and will do as they things wear out. Was bummed I could no do a color on surface but budget allowed either a spa or a surface upgrade and we are VERY happy with that choice.
    Mike
    Pool newbe
    12k IG . Marcite
    Cart. Filter
    Spillover Spa
    Lp Heater

20x40 pool with built-in spa and my pebblesheen upgrade was $7K.

Quote Originally Posted by msm859 View Post
    Original base price $48k pool/spa bid included base white plaster. Optional upgrade showed pebble tec for $6720. I was told that was the increased price above what the white plaster would be (@$2800).....In looking into upgrading color -- midnight blue @$2800+ I have now learned that the $6700 was the original total price w/ PB markup for the pebble tec w/o any credit for the base white plaster. The PB is now telling me the contract should not have stated "add to base".....
    Unless I misunderstand your point, I'd consider this good news. If your PB will amend your contract as he/she believes it should have read, you're looking at $3900 to upgrade from plain plaster to some level of Pebble ($6700 - $2800) on both your pool and spa. I can't remember your pool size from your posts back in October, but maybe this isn't a bad deal after all......?????
    Sandy
    15,600 gallon, screened 15x30 IG plaster sport pool with 6x8 tanning area, Aquarite SWCG, Hayward cartridge filter, Polaris 280 cleaner

+ Reply to Thread