+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Steve's pool build status - Work started 2/19/2007!

skamp is offline Registered+ Thread Analyst skamp 0

Default Steve's pool build status - Work started 2/19/2007!

This is a contunition of my previous thead. In this thread I will chronicle the build of my pool.

Day 1 - 2/19

Well they started the build on Monday 2/19. I had off for president’s day so that worked out nicely. They started work at 6:30AM. I am sure my neighbors were not amused! They started digging around 7:15 and finished around 2:30-3:00. My cable/Internet access only lasted about 15 minutes into the build!

The steel also went in that day and finished around 8:30. It is really amazing how quick they work. Here are some pictures of the yard before and after the work yesterday.

Left side of yard.

Right side of yard

Laying the pool out

Making some nice progress

Almost done with the steel

Default Re: Steve's pool build status - Work started 2/19/2007!

Day 2 - 2/20

Today they just did some rough plumbing. The gunite goes in tomorrow at 7:00AM.

I will post some pictures of the gunite tomorrow. I hope they don't cut my cable line again!

Steve

Steve,

Looking good. I lost cable twice. Once during the dig and then a second time during the hard plumb. Nature of the beast. Looks like you got some good spacing on the bubblers. Keep us posted. Weather should hold out for you. Good Luck

Quote Originally Posted by divnkd101 View Post
    Steve,

Looking good. I lost cable twice. Once during the dig and then a second time during the hard plumb. Nature of the beast. Looks like you got some good spacing on the bubblers. Keep us posted. Weather should hold out for you. Good Luck
    The bubbles are different then normal bubblers. On Kelly's advise I got my PB to plumb for crystal fountains foam jets. They have a water feed as well as an air feed. They look like they will give a very nice effect and the bonus is they are flush to the floor instead of sticking up like an eyeball return. They are about 4' apart. I actually had them shift them a bit before the gunite was sprayed. One was too far forward. Thanks!

Steve

Day 3 - 2/21

Yesterday they did the gunite. It was a very cool process to watch. They guys really are artists. Overall I am thrilled with the way the pool looks. I forgot to bring in my memory card so I will have to post pictures later. I think they are not planning much for the rest of this week. I think they said they are going to do the gunite cleanup today or tomorrow and Tuesday next week the rock features go in. That is a 3 ton water wall, 16' of moss rock accents and a large jump rock. I will post pictures later today.

Here are the pictures of the work done on day 3

Getting the spa ready and spraying the tanning ledge

Working the spa

Working the deep end

We have a shell!

Steve
    Last edited by skamp; 02-23-2007 at 08:27 AM.

ehorn is offline Registered+ Thread Analyst ehorn 0

Steve,

Wow they are moving fast on your pool. It is looking great. You obviously got a good builder, well from what we can tell so far... we'll see how it works when it's all done.

Eric

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

That seems to be what happens. Our back-fence neighbors had a (I guess) gunite pool done. Once the concrete was in, it sat for weeks, but when they did the surface layer, they had the water in it almost immediately--I gather some surfaces cure better if they are kept wet so they don't dry out too fast.
    Carl

Quote Originally Posted by ehorn View Post
    Steve,

Wow they are moving fast on your pool. It is looking great. You obviously got a good builder, well from what we can tell so far... we'll see how it works when it's all done.

Eric
    I have good confidence in the builder. They have been around since 1981, have no bad marks from the BBB and everything one I spoke with that got a pool from them has had good things to say. They did move fast to start but that is about the PB getting the subs lined up. It will be slower the next few weeks.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by CarlD View Post
    That seems to be what happens. Our back-fence neighbors had a (I guess) gunite pool done. Once the concrete was in, it sat for weeks, but when they did the surface layer, they had the water in it almost immediately--I gather some surfaces cure better if they are kept wet so they don't dry out too fast.
    I think they told me they let the gunite cure for 7-10 days. They told me 5-8 weeks for completion so we still have a lot left to go. Thanks!

Steve

Steve,

Push your builder hard to get it done. Mine was complete within 29 days after the dig and I had a week between the dig and gunite. Water features will obviously take a little extra time but Spring is fast approaching down here and you know they tend to be wet. It looks great. Keep the pics coming.

+ Reply to Thread