+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Steve's pool build status - Work started 2/19/2007!

skamp is offline Registered+ Thread Analyst skamp 0

Default Re: Steve's pool build status - Work started 2/19/2007!

Quote Originally Posted by huskyrider View Post
    This is 100 percent true.

The man himself, Caesar Sr., and his sons Junior and Edgar are AWESOME.
    I've conducted business with him since the late 80's and they've never been anything less than true Pro's.
    They, truly, make a difficult job look very easy. When your on top of your game it really shows.

Things are really coming together for you. It's looking great!!!

Although nobody in my organization gave you the courtesy of a return call, I'm looking forward to an invitation to the pool party!!!
    Your going to have every base covered. My favorite pools have everything your fixing to be enjoying. A pool, a shademaker, and a summer kitchen.
    I encourage you to take the next step with your covered patio, a full on audio/video system. Nothing beats an outdoor entertainment center. A simple 3.1 AV receiver will blow you away when your outside enjoying movies or music poolside, you'd be shocked to see how affordable a good system is now.

See ya,
    Kelly
    Kelly,
    I am audio/visual freak. I already have two 5.1 systems in my house! So far in the back I have a two channels from my 8 channel amp, that does audio distrubition through the house, running outside. From there is goes into a A/B/A+B switch. I have one set of speakers under the patio cover and a 2nd going behind the waterfall. Next to the A/B switch is the controller for the AMP that also does the IR distrubition so I can control my Roku MP3 server and Sirius radio. In the covered patio I ran RG6 and an outlet for a TV. I have though about adding a sub out there as well but will see about that. Trust me, I have big plans for the covered area. When it is all done you will certainly get an invite!

BTW, the Color Logic lights look awesome at night. I also want to give you a huge thanks for recommending the foam jet bubbler. It is so much nicer then an eyeball return and it is flush which is much better for triping, etc. I am getting to the end and can't wait for this summer. Thanks!

Steve

Well last week I completed the landscaping. It took 6 days with 3 helpers each day to complete the following.
    1. Landscaping
    2. Repair french drain
    3. Rock work
    4. Completly redo 3 zones of my irrigation system
    5. Resod the front yard and back side yards
    6. Install flagstone walkway and rainbow gravel between fence sections where the pool equiptment is (~25 feet)

The only things left to do are outdoor kitchen and the firepit. The big holdup has been the granite countertop people. They were backlogged so all the rock work has to wait until the countertops are done.

Top view from 2nd story of my house

View from left side

View from right side

Finished covered patio

I will post more pictures once the rock work gets done.

Steve

Steve,

Your pool and surround just turned out great. FYI, how did the spacing on the bubblers turn out??? Any interference between them at all? Just curious. Thanks for sharing your build.

Quote Originally Posted by divnkd101 View Post
    Steve,

Your pool and surround just turned out great. FYI, how did the spacing on the bubblers turn out??? Any interference between them at all? Just curious. Thanks for sharing your build.
    The spacing is great. I need to take some action shots. If I turn down the waterfall and weeping wall I can get the bubblers up around 5-6' Thanks!

Steve

I just wanted to post some final pictures of my pool, kitchen and porch project. The delay to complete the last few thing was my fault. The granite contractor took way longer then I expected which in turn delayed the pool company from completing the rock work. I still have few small punch out items that need to be addressed but overall I am very happy with the end result.

Pictures continued

I would also like to say the support on this forum has been great. My pool would not have turned out so nice without the input from all of you. Thanks!

Steve

No Need is offline Registered+ Thread Analyst No Need 0

Steve,

I'm getting ready to build my BBQ, is the granite counter top hot to the touch? My BBQ will not be protected from the sun. Let me know.

Thanks,
    AL

Quote Originally Posted by No Need View Post
    Steve,

I'm getting ready to build my BBQ, is the granite counter top hot to the touch? My BBQ will not be protected from the sun. Let me know.

Thanks,
    AL
    Yes it is pretty hot but I would imagine any countertop would be. There are three unbrella holders in the kitchen so when there is an umbrella it is fine. I need to go buy some larger ones so I can overlap the entire kitchen.

Steve

+ Reply to Thread