+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Should we have a plan in place should the forum "disappear"?

Default Should we have a plan in place should the forum "disappear"?

I really don't want to lose contact with all of you knowledgeable pool owners but I am feeling increasingly vulnerable with Ben's absence. Should we be worried that the forum will one day go away? How will we find each other again? I think we should make a plan, albeit a loose, casual plan. It could be something as simple as starting a Google group in the case of this forum going away. At least we would know where to look first.

Any others feeling a bit unsure? Any other ideas for a back-up plan? I've been printing the sticky's to keep on hand just in case.

waste is offline PF Support Team Whizbang Spinner waste 3 stars waste 3 stars waste 3 stars

Angry Re: Should we have a plan in place should the forum "disappear"?

I, personally, would be willing to send Ben money to keep the Forum open. If he can't, for whatever reason, if I could, I'd personally pay to have the forum transfered to me, just to keep it alive. (I duobt that my computer could handle something as big as the forum ). I have NO idea of what it takes to host a site, but I feel as you do, as it would be a MAJOR LOSS to the world!

I think that what we need to do, as a community, is offer Ben all the help we can, both financially and emotionally, and pray that he can continue ' all the fine works' he's started.

I feel as you do, and would miss everyone here if the forum disappeared
    Luv & Luk, Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill libraries

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

Default Re: Should we have a plan in place should the forum "disappear"?

I'll have to look it up, but there's a home and garden site with a pool forum we can congregate on should this go down, but as far as I know Ben has no intention of closing PoolForum.

Ben does go do his own thing for months at a time, but it HAS been a while since we've heard from him.
    Carl

chem geek is offline PF Supporter Whibble Konker chem geek 4 stars chem geek 4 stars chem geek 4 stars chem geek 4 stars

Carl,

The home and garden website is at this link and it isn't a particularly good forum since it's just a stream that isn't organized into topics. There is a pool and spa forum at this link but is focused mostly on spas. The best alternate I have found is at this link.

I'm not happy with any of the alternatives, but the last one seems to be the best of the three.

Richard

I love this site and all the help I have recieved so I do not want take anything away from the site, but I would gladly help setting up a forum if needed. I can even host it for free. I just find this a valuable resource and do not want to be without a place to ask questions.
    Matt

Owner/Builder, 28,000 Gallon IG swimming pool.

Oh boy...this looks grim!

Hi all Hope you had a good winter.

I just got done looking at some of these other pool sites, and must say that I'm a bit concerned. I understand that I have a very limited knowledge of pool chemistry, But most of the posts in these other forums talks as though they have no understanding of their pools at all.

I would really like to see either this site stay open (and open to everyone to join!) or one of you guys or gals start your own site, should something happen to this board one day (I hope not )

spring is a coming

dan

+ Reply to Thread