Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Steve's pool project 1-24-07

skamp is offline Registered+ Thread Analyst skamp 0

Default Re: Steve's pool project 1-24-07

Quote Originally Posted by divnkd101 View Post
    Steve,
    This is where you put yourself in the trick bag. The bubblers I looked at were probably spaced 24-36 inches apart. Without taking away from the look you are going for, I would say the wider the better.

As for lights, I am probably not the one to ask that question. There are several individuals in this forum that can better answer that question. I will tell you that my PB talked me out of spacing my lights too close and I am glad he did. I truly like how the light is dispersed in mine. Obviously, your PB is going to do what you ask him to do but hopefully he is also willing to offer his opinion as well. My advice to you is to ask him to take a look at pools he has constructed (same aggregate finish, lights, etc.) and go look at them in the day and at night. That should help you in your decision making process. Good Luck.
    I will see how wide we can get them. One of my neighbors has 2 bubblers as well. I will go measure how far apart they are. Also these bubblers are going to be in 6" of water so I am not sure if the problem would be better or worse in deeper water.

I will take a look at some pools at night to see how the lighting looks. Thanks!

Steve

Water oscillation most affects pool return eyeball fountains as opposed to foaming fountain jets by a Mfg such as Crystal Fountains.
    Do you know which type your pool builder has spec'd in.
    My guess is that it's pool returns eyeballs. I say this because if I'm tossing them in to close a deal they're very affordably installed.

I'm curious, how much of an allowance have you been allocated for the fountains?

On another note, I think two 300 lamps placed where they are now will do fine, you could even drop down to two 250's.

See ya,
    Kelly

Quote Originally Posted by huskyrider View Post
    Water oscillation most affects pool return eyeball fountains as opposed to foaming fountain jets by a Mfg such as Crystal Fountains.
    Do you know which type your pool builder has spec'd in.
    My guess is that it's pool returns eyeballs. I say this because if I'm tossing them in to close a deal they're very affordably installed.

I'm curious, how much of an allowance have you been allocated for the fountains?

On another note, I think two 300 lamps placed where they are now will do fine, you could even drop down to two 250's.

See ya,
    Kelly
    I will find out about the bubblers. I just looked at the foam jet from crystal and that is exactly the effect I want. He said the bubblers were like $200.00 so I hope they are more then just eyeballs.

I think I am going to go with LED lighting for the pool lights. I think the 2 LED lights in that location will give a nice effect. Thanks!

Steve

Try the Hayward Colorlogic lamps. You'll find them to be awesome.

See ya,
    Kelly

Quote Originally Posted by huskyrider View Post
    Try the Hayward Colorlogic lamps. You'll find them to be awesome.

See ya,
    Kelly
    Kelly,
    My PB says they use the intellibrite (http://www.pentairpool.com/pdfs/lighting/lighting.pdf) from Pentair and claims they are very similar. Do you or anyone else here have any experience with them? Thanks!

Steve

They started today! They are digging the hole and doing the steel. I will post pictures later.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by skamp View Post
    Kelly,
    My PB says they use the intellibrite (http://www.pentairpool.com/pdfs/lighting/lighting.pdf) from Pentair and claims they are very similar. Do you or anyone else here have any experience with them? Thanks!

Steve
    I talked with them and they are going to use the color logic LED's lights as per my request.

Steve

Congrats on getting started.

You'll find that although any time of year is a good time to start a pool, this is absolutely the best time to do it. We're not that far away from swim season and spring fever purchases are just starting for pool buyers. Right now the scheduling board is very receptive and moving the projects forward is much easier than when things start backing up with scheduling. You'll be swimming in no time at all!!!
    Post some pic's for us to enjoy and make sure to try to be home for a little bit of the gunite. You'll find the process to be very exciting.

Although I've never seen the Pentair lights in person all I'd have to say is that they'd have to be very good to compare with the Colorlogics. I've used more different illuminators constructing pools than you could ever imagine. I've found it to be more than just brilliant illumination that makes a great pool lamp. The speed in color changes I've observed from these are unparalleled.

If I can get the MFG to comp some for my pool I'm going to switch out my current SAM lamps. I'm such a dog when it comes to my house, although I can get anything I want for the wholesale cost I refuse to pay their asking prices. I figure with the sum of all my invoices that the minimum courtesy they can extend is to give me stuff for my pool for free!!!
    It's one of the perks of the game.

See ya,
    Kelly

I was wondering if you guys could weigh in on a pump question/concern. I may cross post this in the equipment forum as well. I talked with by PB them about getting a 2 speed pump and they seemed reluctant but will do it I want to.

I wanted to do this so I could run it on low at night for chlorine generation, etc. The pump they have spec'ed is a 2HP and that is the other reason I want a 2 speed. They also have a 1.5-2HP spec'ed for the water features. I asked about doing a 2 speed on that as well to run the waterfall at a lower rate as opposed to reducing flow via the valve. I have 2 of the foam jet bubbler from crystal fountains and I need a good amount of GPM for those. What would you do in this situation? They use all sta-rite pump so it would be the 2 speed sta-rite controller by either a Pentair EasyTouch or Jandy RS8 (I still have not made up my mind). I really appreciate any help on this!

Steve

aylad is offline SuperMod Emeritus Burfle Ringer aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars

This thread has gotten very, very long, and since this question has been posted with several answers in the other forum, I'm going to lock this thread down and ask that any future replies to this thread be done in the other forum. It can be found at http://www.poolforum.com/pf2/showthread.php?t=6479

Skamp, just as a matter of housekeeping, please don't cross-post the same question in different forums...this forum is already big and hard to keep organized, and it helps your responders get the information they need to answer your questions without repeating information. Thanks!

Janet
    Last edited by aylad; 02-20-2007 at 01:33 PM.

Closed Thread