+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I need instructions to repalce color wheel motor in SAM light

Default I need instructions to repalce color wheel motor in SAM light

I have a problem with a SAM light. Water got into it last year. I changed the gasket a couple of months ago and it worked for awhile but now the color wheel no longer changes colors (the light is stuck on Cyan). I bought the color wheel motor from a site on the internet on a hunch that that is the problem.
    Does anyone have any instructions (or parts breakdown) that shows where the part is located and/or how to replace it.
    I will be taking the light apart soon and can probably figure this out without instructions - but they're always nice to have when possible.
    Pentair does not have any instructions available on their website (at least none that I could find).
    Thanks,
    mike

Default Re: I need instructions to repalce color wheel motor in SAM light

Hi Mike,
    I have an extra Pentair "Spectrum Amerlite (SAm) Color Underwater Light Owner's Manual" from my 2 lights installed last summer. If you would like my extra copy, I'd be happy to sent it your way. Actually, I thought I had already thrown out the extra copy. If you want it, just PM me with your address. If you need it really fast, maybe knowing the part # for the manual will help on the Pentair site. The part # for the owner's manual I have is 619408, Revision B, 10/31/01.

That said, in looking in the manual, I found no reference to replacing the color wheel or motor. Neither part is listed in the replacement parts listing. There are nice diagrams showing the overall assembly of everything EXCEPT the "color wheel and bulb assembly" is shown as an intact piece and is not broken out. That assembly as well as the "can" that holds everything are not referenced in the parts list.
    Sandy
    15,600 gallon, screened 15x30 IG plaster sport pool with 6x8 tanning area, Aquarite SWCG, Hayward cartridge filter, Polaris 280 cleaner

Thanks to both of you for taking the time to reply. I have the owners manual for the light but it does not cover repairing it (other than changing the bulb). I'm sure I can figure it out once I have the time to remove and dissassemble it. My guess is that only a Pentair tech would have access to a repair manual or technical bulletin (if any exist) for these lights. But I figured it couldn't hurt to ask.
    Thanks again.

+ Reply to Thread