+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2 jets not working

Default 2 jets not working

Any thoughts why 2 of my 6 jets are not blowing any air? I am running a 2HP pump that is dedicated to the jets. No blower. 4 of my jets work great but 2 of them do not blow air.

Looking at my constuction photos (below) I see the 2 jets that do not blow air (red arrows) elbow up from the main line, while the 4 jets (blue arrows) that do work all elbow down. Any thoughts? What can I do to fix this?

Matt

Owner/Builder, 28,000 Gallon IG swimming pool.

Default Re: 2 jets not working

opps the title should be jets not jest. Can a mod fix this for me?
    Matt

drumr is offline ** No working email address ** Thread Analyst drumr 0

Looking at the plumbing, I'm wondering if its because the air line that feeds the 2 jets that don't have air coming out is lower than the air line around the rest of the spa. Maybe water is filling up the air line on those 2 jets and won't blow out.

Is there any way you could hook a shop vac (in reverse where it is blowing) and feed it into the air line to blow any water out to see if that is what's causing the problem?

Just a thought....

JD

Poconos is offline SuperMod Emeritus Whizbang Spinner Poconos 4 stars Poconos 4 stars Poconos 4 stars Poconos 4 stars Poconos 4 stars Poconos 4 stars

JD is onto something. Matt, I'm confused about the statement in your first post about 'No Blower'. I don't know anything about spas other than the basic principles and then that's very limited. Looking at the plumbing around the right side blue arrow it looks like there may be water and air lines joined. True? and if so which is which? Adding to what JD said you may try a wet-dry shop vac to suck any water out of those non-working jets and see if the system functions. Fire the pumps up, get the other jets working, then try sucking water from the non-working ones.
    Al

waste is offline PF Support Team Whizbang Spinner waste 3 stars waste 3 stars waste 3 stars

Lightbulb Re: 2 jets not working

Matt, I think the previous posters are on to something. What I suspect is that, because the airline to those 2 are below (further below ?) the water, the air you're forcing into the line is seeking it's 'path of least resistance' by only going through the top 4 jets. Without having to resort to the shopvac, you can try to plug the working lines (you may have to do one or two or perhaps all before the air forces the water out of the other two) - once the air has created a path to the last 2 lines, they should continue to bubble after unplugging the others. I'm speaking from lots of experience, though mine is from plugging multiple lines while closing a few hundred pools each fall. Please give this a try, if it doesn't work, try the shop-vac thing from above. (I realize that this is somewhat of a PITA, but it's just one of your spa's idiosynchrities and once you get used to having to plug the other lines before the other two kick on, you won't think twice about it) (BTW- you could probably just cap them with your palm).
    Luv & Luk, Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill libraries

Thanks everyone for your comments. What you are saying makes sense and I will give it a try next time I heat up the spa.
    Matt

ehorn is offline Registered+ Thread Analyst ehorn 0

Some comments I don't see is are you getting any water flow from those two jets or just no air?

If there is no flow coming out you may need to unscrew the jet nozzle thats inside the pipe and make sure there isn't a block in it, like a pebble stuck in the nozzle. If you are getting flow and no air, well I don't have any advice there.

Eric

+ Reply to Thread