+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dark Buster Light?

Default Dark Buster Light?

Hello everyone,
    After months of waiting, I will finally be an actual pool owner tomorrow. Hopefully I will be able to participate in some discussions now, instead of just reading. I was wondering if anyone has heard of a pool light made by Laguna, called the "dark buster". The light appears to be the same as the "aqualuminator". Namco carries it and it is a few bucks cheaper. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. By this time tomorrow I am hoping to have a few pics of our new 28' Sharkline Oceanic, install starts at 7 am.

Default Re: Dark Buster Light?

When I bought my pool 5 years ago the salesperson unsold me on the aqua illuminator since it interferes with the return. Whenever I use my ez vac I need to have the water go straight and to the surface in order for it not to get caught up in the pool's current. I don't think the light will allow you to do that.

Hi, I would go with the dark buster. The Aqua Aluminator has had so many problems since day one. I have installed thousands of them so I have a little knowledge here. The bulbs burn out often and are expensive to replace. The worst part is the volatage boxes go out just as often. You can replace the bulb but not the box, without buying a new system. It is a little tough to fiqure out witch is bad. I have a barrel full of good bulbs and power boxes. When I go to trouble shoot a light problem I take one of each that I know work. Then it's fairly easy.

Anyway, I'm rambling on. I would go with the Dark Buster.

Good Luck, Dennis

roxy,
    I put 2 Nightlighters on my pool and am entering the 6th season. I have the high-wattage one, 50w -which has a high & low brightness setting, and the 35 watt. Both are great lights, and automatically turn off after 3 hours so you don't need to worry about them burning out. They really light up the pool. I have an 18x36 oval and have them on opposite diagonal corners. We use them many, many times during the summer often swimming well past dark when the kids are out of school. (Let's hope neither of the bulbs go this summer since I posted this, knock on wood!)
    Installed them myself. Easy to mount, long cords (28') and low voltage from the transformer to the pool.
    Either way, at about $80 for the 50W and $60 for the 35W, at 6 years it cost me $23/year to light my pool. Well worth it and I'd replace them with the same product again.
    Good luck.

Thanks for the replies,
    I returned the Darkbuster....just not comfortable playing with the return yet....I may consider the nitelighter in the future.

Hi Roxy, can't wait for the pictures.

I just got my names confused above. Whenever you are ready get the Nightliter. It is a snap to install. You just have to pull the screws out of one side of any top rail. Most of the time this can be done with a full pool. Sometimes the rail will pull away a little from the water pressure. I have not had one yet that that I could not squeeze back together while my helper put the screws back into place. If this were to happen, just drain a little water from the pool and it would go back into place easily.

Hope all went well today, Dennis
    AG pool installer
    Arizona

do you have a bulb 4 sale 4 a darkbuster light

+ Reply to Thread