+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Adding sprinkler control to add water

beary is offline Registered+ Thread Analyst beary 0

Default Adding sprinkler control to add water

Hi all

Not sure who to ask, but here goes. I spliced in a pipe from my sprinkler system into my pool equipment with the idea of adding water strait into the pool. Well that is working pretty well, but I have to walk 200 ft and turn on the main sprinkler value by hand. My qeustion is can I splice another sprinkler controller (mounted by the pool equipment) into my present contoller wiring without hurting the controllers?

My problem is I'm already using all the zones on my present controller, so the only way I can turn on the value is watering my yard. I can buy a 2 or 4 zone controller fairly cheap if I can tap into the present system.

Thanks for any help and ideas.

Beary

ehorn is offline Registered+ Thread Analyst ehorn 0

Default Re: Adding sprinkler control to add water

Hi Beary,

I would think you'd get a better bang for your labor hours and dollar to plumb in an auto filler to your pool. You can plumb it in from any water line to your house or sprinker system. Just plumb it in before the valves so that it will always get a water supply. They have a float inside that will shut off the water when your pool gets to the correct level. If you want you can add a shut off valve before the auto filler and that way you can only run it when you want to and it will shut off itself instead of you having to watch the pool. Check out the link:

http://www.poolsupplypros.com/produc...oducts_id=4555

They are pretty cheap and should be easy to plumb.

Eric

beary is offline Registered+ Thread Analyst beary 0

Thanks Eric. I appreciate the suggestion and actually I am thinking in that direction. The problem is the main valve is almost 200 ft from the faucet that is sitting next to my pool equipment. I've gone all around on this and I think it would be easier to just bury low voltage wire far enough to splice into my sprinkler system. About 100 ft.

If I'm not seeing it right, keep explaining because I want to make this as simple as I can.

Thanks again for the suggestion and help.

Beary

If your water supply at the equipment pad is on a backflow preventer (check local codes) then you could tap into that and plumb in an irrigation accuator valve into your pool plumbing. You can control the valve with a battery operated timer. Hunter Irrigation makes one called an SVC (smart valve controler). Check out Hunter Irrigations web site /www.hunterindustries.com/Products/Controllers/svcintro.html/www.hunterindustries.com/Products/Controllers/svcintro.html

joelq is offline Registered+ Thread Analyst joelq 0

Hi Beary - if I understand your question correctly, you could merge two of your existing zones to free up one zone for your pool. Chances are, you've got enough water pressure in your system to support two zones simultaneously. Just find two zones that are either adjacent, or small enough so that water pressure won't be an issue. Then use the wiring for the freed up zone for your pool filler valve.

That's what I did! Hope this helps.

+ Reply to Thread