+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Using Intellitouch with Intellichlor

Default Using Intellitouch with Intellichlor

When I use the Intellitouch to view the "water salt level" it always says 0ppm. I know it is at 3400 though. The pool guy said it would take a few minutes to give the correct reading, but it never changes.

Anyone else have this problem?

CanuckPool is offline *Removed User* Weir Watcher CanuckPool 0

Default Re: Using Intellitouch with Intellichlor

I have the IC20 but I dont have the intellitouch. I only have 3 lights to go by, right now its saying low less than 2900 PPM. Is your SWG still producing chlorine? If it thinks its at 0ppm then it wont produce... obviously

The lights on the cell are all good but the intellitouch readout just says 0 salt. The cell is working fine and making chlorine.

I have the IntelliTouch and the IntelliChlor. I am not seeing the problem you indicate. If you wait a few minutes does the reading display correctly? Mine shows the correct reading on the inside dispaly as soon as the outside unit (cell) completes it start up test. That is about 1 or 2 minutes when the pump is first turned on.

I was having a problem with the IntelliChlor telling me to add salt when the salt level was okay. I got a copy of the calibration procedures and have not had any problem since. Even then the inside display woul dshow low salt (say 2900) and the cell "add salt" light would be on - but I never got a zero salt reading.

Good Luck with it.

I forgot to ask - what software version is your outside and inside units? Perhaps yopu need an update. I have an IntelliTouch and a Mobile Touch unit. The IntelliTouch had an older version of software and did not even recognize I had an IntelliChlor (only the Mobile Touch knew). Pentair upgraded it for free. Now it reads the IntellChlor and is ready for the IntelliPump.
    Last edited by mshumack; 10-20-2006 at 03:55 PM.

It always says zero on the intellitouch. Everything should have the new software since the Pentair rep had to be called out to install it. I guess I'll have to ask the installer to troubleshoot it.

Quote Originally Posted by hulla View Post
    It always says zero on the intellitouch. Everything should have the new software since the Pentair rep had to be called out to install it. I guess I'll have to ask the installer to troubleshoot it.
    Sounds like the communication cable from the IntelliChlor power supply is not connected. There is a terminal strip in the power supply which should have wires (like telephone wire) connected to it which connects the IntelliChor to the IntelliTouch (outdoor controller). If you want to do your own troubleshooting I can help, but if you have a warranty you might as well test it now.
    Good Luck.

+ Reply to Thread