+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pump noise

Default Pump noise

Any suggestions on how to best baffle the noise/ vibration that is transmitted from the pump through the slab? My pump sits on a slab up against the wall of my house. The wall happens to be the same wall my bed is against. When the pump runs I can hear it due to the sound being transmitted through the concrete slab and into the block wall.

I'm thinking about buying some of that rubber mat stuff at Home Deopt that they sell for standing on in your shop... Any other ideas?
    14'x31' kidney 21K gal IG plaster pool; SWCG (Saline Generating System's SGS Breeze); Pentair FNS Plus 48 DE DE filter; Whisperflow 1 HP pump; 8 hours hrs; kit purchased from Ben; utility water; summer: none; winter: none; PF:5.7

Poconos is offline SuperMod Emeritus Whizbang Spinner Poconos 4 stars Poconos 4 stars Poconos 4 stars Poconos 4 stars Poconos 4 stars Poconos 4 stars

Take a look at my pump in this thread:
    http://www.poolforum.com/pf2/showthread.php?t=6156

I can't post any more pics because I ran out of space and need to resolve that somehow. However, that pic was taken a while back and the pump is bolted to a board that sits on a piece of eccofoam...same stuff in pool noodles. Since then I got rid of the foam and the pump board now sits on 4 bottle stoppers (Home Depot) that sit in recesses on a bottom board. They act as shock mounts or isolators. Really cut down on the conducted noise. The hose couplings further cut conducted noise through the pipes and allows a little movement between components. Should give you some ideas.
    Al
    The pic I attempted to post never showed for anyone but me. I have no idea what's going on. Sorry about that.
    Last edited by Poconos; 10-16-2006 at 09:02 AM.

+ Reply to Thread