Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Autism and chlorine

Default Re: Autism and chlorine

Quote Originally Posted by adesalvo View Post
    I have been lurking on this site all summer. I have been truly amazed by the wealth of knowledge that is contained here. I especially enjoy Richard's posts. No offense to Kurt, Waterbear, Ben (among others) that also exhibit tremendous knowledge.

I find Richard to be intellectually honest and forthright with his knowledge. When he knows something, his answer is correct (always). When he is unsure, he will tell you and then he finds the answer. Amazingly, he is profoundly knowledgable even when he is outside his main area of expertise (quantatative chemistry, I assume). And, he posts it in a way that offends no one. If only I had his skills.

What I enjoy about this site is that half truths and junk science are quickly exposed as such. Clearly, we are all here because we follow science. We try to understand our pools chemistry. And we make rational decisions based on the best evidence available to us. Not because some pool kid tells us thats what the computer says to do.

As such, science tells us there is absolutely no evidence that thiomersol causes autism.

Just because you can google something, doesn't make it true. That is why I don't have magnets around my pipes thinking that they will sanitize the water. There is a HUGE difference between an association and causation.

I am not going to let mass torts (vaccines, asbestosis, silacosis) that do not have supporting science guide my actions/ideas either.

While it is truly devastating when a child is sick, sometimes the causes are not easily known. I can sympathize, because I also have a child that is developmentally delayed. We need to stop using labels and treat the child, not the label.

Somehow, I know Richard could have said it better.
    adesalvo,

If it's true that your child is "developmentally delayed", I would caution you that that's a symptom at the bottom of the autism spectrum. If you're not familiar with the thorny problems of intentional under-diagnosis and FAPE, you'd better learn quick. (public services like Easter Seals have free diagnostic testing and are veritable wealth of other information about treatment options)

The younger the child, the more difficult it is to accurately diagnose the condition and most won't even test before 18 months. Easter Seals will and I hate to say this, but it's ON YOU to insist that you get the testing and services you need. Nobody will throw down the gauntlet for you...there are too many other kids in the same boat.

Do yourself a favor and stay out of catfights like this one. You'll learn a lot more by doing your own research and reading, and you won't spend a lot of time defending self evident truth, once you find it.

Best wishes, and anyone who has legitimate further questions can pm me, and I'll do my best to help.

STS

P.S. Anyone who thinks that there's going to a successful class action lawsuit against drug companies, paying back all the victims of vaccine damage, is DREAMING. There are millions of austistic children who will, once they come of age, be unable to support themselves, have to rely on public support or join the ranks of the homeless once their parents are gone or destitute. The social cost is staggering, but the financial cost is several TRILLION dollars, estimated at the low end with govt. figures.

Implications for Social Security and other promised entitlement programs? Don't ask. Don't tell.
    ----------

19,000 gal IG freeform pool - 14'X40'
    Raised spa with "island" table
    Hayward automation with SWG
    Tristar pumps -circulation, spa, waterfalls
    Hayward Phantom pool cleaner - Love that Phantom!
    Rheem/Raypak Pool Heat pump
    Ben's PS234 kit

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Closed Thread