+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Love my Dolphin!

Default Love my Dolphin!

I have had my pool and Dolphin for 1 season and I have to say I love the Dolphin. I have it in for one last hurrah of the season. My pool was just loaded with leaves. It looked like a bunch of dead animals at the bottom of the pool there were so many. Number 1 son and I spent about an hour scooping them up and my back just couldn't take any more so I said heck with it, I'm just putting the Dolphin in and see if it can handle it. And it did with flying colors! I emptied the bag twice so far but all the leaves are out now-took about 2 hours. I'll put it in tomorrow for as long as I can until the pool guys come to close.
    I have to say I'd love any robotic cleaner. That is the way to go, whatever your preference is. I think I cleaned my cartridge filter twice over the summer, (and I only let the pressure go up 5-6 lbs before cleaning it, not 10), and now one more time after it is shut off for the winter.
    When you see all the crap it gets out, and think that would have been in the filter if you used a Barracuda or the like... Well worth it!

west1745 is offline Registered+ Thread Analyst west1745 0

Default Re: Love my Dolphin!

I agree!!

Do you have anything in place that helps keep the small leaves and debris out of the cartridge filter?

I put panty hose on the skimmer - am considering putting it on the basket that also goes to the pump/cartridge.

I have to clean my cartridge filter a couple times per month and that is something I don't favor.

Default Re: Love my Dolphin!

Following this post I bought a dolphin deluxe 4. It seems to do a much better job at actually cleaning than the polaris p93 which I had for 2 days before I returned it.
    The only thing I am not happy with is that it doesnt seem to pick up the leaves stuck at the bottom. the leaves are too big for the vacuum slots and they just wont go in.
    Also the bag is a pain to hose and clean the polaris type basket seemed more practical but again the thing wouldnt climb a wall even if I pushed it into it!

Overall a satisfied owner

+ Reply to Thread