+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I have water, now the fun begins

Default I have water, now the fun begins

Just had our pool filled yesterday. It is 49 degrees right now with a expected high of 63. The wife thinks I'm nuts, but I will be getting in the pool today. PB is coming this afternoon to show us how to brush it.

Below is a link to our progress, still need grass and aluminum fence.

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/553755512iPdcoU

SeanB. is offline --General User-- Weir Watcher SeanB. 0

Default Re: I have water, now the fun begins

Looks great! How deep is it? What was that they put in the bottom of the pool before gunite - looked like gravel? I haven't seen that done before with gunite.

Looks like you have a heater there, are you going to heat the pool? We are in a much warmer climate, but it has begun cooling off now and probably will be too cold to swim by the time our pool is done. So I think we will probably heat the whole pool so we can at least enjoy it for a couple of days this year.

BTW, love your yard - very scenic area. The yards here in Houston, are typically pretty small, but always FLAT. I enjoy getting into other hillier parts of the country. Three of our last 4 vacations have been to mountainous destinations. My wife says she wants something tropical next year. I hope she thinks our yard will look tropical now with the pool and palms because that may just be our vacation this next year. lol
    Site owner -- www.troublefreepool.com

Default Re: I have water, now the fun begins

It is 3' - 8', and yes that is gravel on the bottom before gunite. Don't know the reason why, but that is how they do them all around here.

Yes that is a heater, we hope to get and extra 2-3 months a year. Our neighbors close theres up at the end of October and open at the end of April.

Thanks for the yard comment, we are only 2 mile from the Appalachian Trail, not much flat land around here and we have view of the appalachian mountians from the front yard.

Your pool look great, looks like you will have plenty of decking. I have been following you construction thread.

+ Reply to Thread