+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Divnkd101 Pool Build

Default Re: Divnkd101 Pool Build

Looks good! The selected colors do complement one another.
    Pool owner - contract signed 21Aug2006; HOA approval granted; complete - existing patio demolition; excavation; rebar; embedded plumbing; gunite; plumbing; electrical; tile and coping; decking; plaster; pool fill; acid start-up; regular start-up; pool school; gas meter upgrade; additional of salt; PDA remote programming.

I have been promising to put up my equipment specs. Here they are with a pic attached. The blower is not up because the location of the pipe will be moved due to fence clearance issues. I plan to put up a privacy fence, where you see the blower pipe, to help conceal the equipment.

Pool: Est. 21k gallons/ White Plaster
    Filter: Hayward Cartridge 5025
    Pump: Hayward Northstar 3 H.P.
    Valves: Jandy
    Skimmer: 2 Waterway
    Pool Lights: 2 Hayward Color Logic LED Pool Lights
    Spa Light: 1 Hayward Color Logic LED Spa Light
    Main Drain: 2 with Anti-Vortex/ Anti-Entrapment covers
    Air Blower: Polaris QT 1.5 H.P.
    Spa Jets: 8 Waterway 2 1/2" Spa Jets
    Heater: 250K BTU Hayward H-Series "Low-Nox" induced draft heater
    Pool Cleaner: Polaris 280 with Booster Pump
    Chlorinator: Jandy Aqua-Pure Salt System
    Controller/Timer: Jandy PDA PS8 Wireless Controller

Note: Donations are now being accepted to assist me in paying for this thing. My wife plans to put a plastic fish bowl up for our first party with a donation label inside. Ha Ha!!!
    Last edited by divnkd101; 10-09-2006 at 09:31 PM.

3 hp! Great balls of fire!
    Pool owner - contract signed 21Aug2006; HOA approval granted; complete - existing patio demolition; excavation; rebar; embedded plumbing; gunite; plumbing; electrical; tile and coping; decking; plaster; pool fill; acid start-up; regular start-up; pool school; gas meter upgrade; additional of salt; PDA remote programming.

I was spec'd for a 2 H.P. pump. Received a free upgrade (3 H.P.). I want a lot of action in my spa (agitation). My PB wants to make sure I am pleased. Hence, the 2 1/2 Spa Jets and the free upgrade. I am a little concerned about use of elctricity but I guess we will see.

SeanB. is offline --General User-- Weir Watcher SeanB. 0

Great combination. How long did it take them and how long before you could walk on it?
    Site owner -- www.troublefreepool.com

divnkd, it's really none of my business and it may be too late, but, if I were you, I'd blow off that 3 hp pump and see if you could put that upgrade toward a 400,000 btu/h heater.
    Last edited by eljefe281; 10-10-2006 at 08:49 AM.

divnkd, it's really none of my business and it may be too late, but, if I were you, I'd blow off that 3 hp pump and see if you could put that upgrade toward a 400 mmbtu/h heater.

Eljefe, I must tell you that was one of the easiest decisions we made. I have no plans of heating my pool. Even though it is piped so I can heat it, I will never take that step. My heater is for the spa. I don't deny the fact that the 400K BTU heater would heat the spa slightly quicker, but I am willing to wait the extra 5-7 minutes. That is why I spent the extra money on the wireless controller. With a push of a button, I can turn on the spa, set the desired temperature of the water and watch the remote until that temperature is reached. Furthermore, I would have to dish out an extra $500 bucks to swap the gas meter and have the inspection done before upgrading to a larger heater. Keep the opinions coming. I enjoy learning what everyone else's thoughts are. Thank you.

Ah, I didn't think about having to upgrade the gas meter. Good point.

I hope it's only an extra 5-7 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanB. View Post
    Great combination. How long did it take them and how long before you could walk on it?
    Sean, I was not present when they started. My PB told me they got started around 9:00 AM in the morning. After everything was masked off, textured and paint was done, the PB estimated 3 hours. My wife is a school teacher and was home by 4:00 PM. She walked on it immediately. The PB told us as long as it is not tacky to the touch that it is dry enough to walk on. I am forcing them back out to put a second coat of paint on because after more detailed inspection, I can see tiger stripes (lack of paint in some areas). They will be done before 10 AM this morning.

Well, the weather has not been on our side this week. The plaster crew showed up this morning and opted not to start. I stuck my own pump in the bottom of the pool last night. Woke up to a fairly dry pool. The only problem is the water is draining from around the light sockets/ plumbing. The PB said that leakage/ drainage will cause staining on the side of the wall before the water line can reach the areas in question. I think mother nature won this round. My PB nor I want any problems now. I can wait. Tentative schedule to begin plaster is tomorrow morning.

+ Reply to Thread