+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Frustration and Anxiety are getting to me

Default Re: Frustration and Anxiety are getting to me

I haven't posted recently, so I thought I would update anyone that is interested. I have hired an attorney and he will be filing a suit against our PB in the next couple of weeks. The PB would not respond to the BBB or our attorney's letters.

No Need is offline Registered+ Thread Analyst No Need 0

I hate hearing stories like this! I hope the lawyer can get this resolved quickly, Summer will be here before you know it. Good Luck!

Definately post all updates.

Poconos is offline SuperMod Emeritus Whizbang Spinner Poconos 4 stars Poconos 4 stars Poconos 4 stars Poconos 4 stars Poconos 4 stars Poconos 4 stars

Absolutely all updates will be appreciated. Unfortunately more people over time will run into similar problems and information like this is very helpful. I sincerely hope it works out to your satisfaction.
    Al

Sardian is offline ** No working email address ** Sardian 0

Quote Originally Posted by webfeet View Post
    an a slightly unlevel pool, just enough to cause part of the liner border on the deep end to be under water, while the same section is above water on the shallow end. At first inspection,it looks like there is a flaw in the border. Upon close inspection, ( see waterline in the closeup pictures of the border) you can see that part of the border is submerged.

Looking at your photos I would say your liner has stretched more on the deep end than the shallow, which is quite common. My pool is actually worse than the photos you posted, it doesn't bother me at all and I expected it from other pools I have seen. My pool is level though.

As far as the red streaks, that I wouldn't have, but I don't think I would have him tear it all up and start over. I'd try to work out some sort of coating on the concrete. I actually plan doing some sort of coating to mine anyway.

Russell

Another update. The suit against the PB was finally filed about 2 weeks ago, and the PB is calling my lawyer (representing himself, I guess) offering to try to settle out of court. I figured when he got slapped with a suit that he would get ready to talk. We're negotiating and I will let everyone know if we reach an agreement. Its been really stressful and I will be glad when it is over with.
    In the meanwhile, we have had the yard sodded, and a sprinkler system installed, done some landscaping, and --we built a pool house (very primitive - we call it the pool shack.) My camera is broken, but when I get a new one, I'll try to post some new pictures.

Webfeet

As a GC for many years Ive been in this stomach turning situation too many times...someone turns out a so-so job and asks for all his money. Usually I am in the middle between him and you and frankly at the end you have to look at what you got and whether it is servicable and what the imperfections are worth to you....29 years I have been negotiating these things and (touch wood) never had to be in court or pay ten cents to a lawyer...no contractor or customer is perfect and no pools are perfect.....you just want to maintain a good relationship with all parties if its possible. If he's talking about coming back to spray epoxy over the deck he sounds like a guy who takes responsibility. He needs to be given every opportunity to remedy his work. You are really not allowed to break the contract and hire someone else to fix it unless he has been negligent and refuses to discuss remedies.

I hope you and he are people of good faith and the couple of things at the end can be worked out. I can really be an SOB on the job when I need to be but building my own pool has been a humbling experience and I am living with some imperfections and still really enjoying my pool. I have to be honest....as a contractor there are so many, so many ways to cheat a customer with poor workmanship that the color of the sand sounds minor if he did an excellent job on everything else. BTW I wonder if down the road you would use cool paint on the concrete anyway? Also it makes me wonder if the references he gave you had any problems or do they still have a cordial relationship with him and continue to refer him? The serviceable life of the pool and the cost of ownership over time are significant issues here.

Best of Luck

+ Reply to Thread