Closed Thread

Thread: fall/winter

Default fall/winter

Not sure if this is where I should post this question. How to take care of my pool for winter.

3.5 ft deep, 16 diamt. Vinyl. Easy set pool by intex. I live in the NW Floridia Panhandle. We do not get severe cold for more than two or three wks at a time here. Ususally that is. LOL. Can I keep my pool up all winter.

Questions: What to do for chemicals. I know keep the pump on during freezing temps. Can I cover my pool or leave it uncovered? Tomorrow is suppose to be our really last warm day. I dont see me in the pool when water temp is too cool. lol. ( I need a hot tub)

Do I still shock it weekly, keep all chemicals just like in the summer? Thanks for all the help. Appreciate it much.

aylad is offline SuperMod Emeritus Burfle Ringer aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars

Default Re: fall/winter

You can either cover your pool or leave it uncovered, if leaves aren't a problem and there's not a danger of kids/animals falling into it. My IG stays open all year, and it stays uncovered. I leave my pump running at night when it's below freezing, but otherwise cut my pump run time to 2-3 hours per day. You keep the water in balance just like during the summer, but you'll find that as the water temp drops, so will the chlorine consumption, so your bleach additions are drastically reduced while the water is cold.

Janet

Closed Thread