+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Finally got Ben's kit! First results....

court475 Guest

Default Finally got Ben's kit! First results....

FC - 2.5
    CC - .5
    TC - 3
    Alk - 150
    CA - 10
    PH - 7.8
    CYA - 25
    Temp - 84

I think that's everything. This really seems like a great and accurate kit, and I'm glad to finally have it. When it arrived, my brother-in-law joked that I could test all of the pools in the neighborhood with it. Then he said, "You know you can bring your water up the street to the pool store and they'll do that for you." Ha!

Amazing that this was all Greek to me just a few months ago when I first found this site.

Thumbs up Re: Finally got Ben's kit! First results....

Hi Courtney,

Isn't Ben's kit just plain fun to use?? Let the neighbors see this kit and you WILL be testing everyone's pool .

I'm a fairly new pool owner myself so if my advice is off I know someone will flag it for you. All in all, I'd say you've got some nice results, maybe just needing a tweek here or there.

With your CYA at 25, you're in that in-between area of Ben's Best Guess Chart. And, you've got .5 CC too. Some on this site would shock your pool, others would wait and see, especially if your water is clear.

If it were my pool, I'd up my FC to at least 3.0 as my minimum (I try to err on the side of more chlorine, rather than less) and keep a watch on my CC. With some extra chlorine and some sun on the pool, that CC may drop to 0.

Also, watch your pH. 7.8 is the upper end of what you should accept for your pool, a bit lower would be better and also help your chlorine be more effective.

Good luck.
    Sandy
    15,600 gallon, screened 15x30 IG plaster sport pool with 6x8 tanning area, Aquarite SWCG, Hayward cartridge filter, Polaris 280 cleaner

+ Reply to Thread