+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Multi Port Valve Gasket

Question Multi Port Valve Gasket

Is there a way to repair/replace the gasket in a multi port valve? Seems the gasket is built in and can't be replaced You have to buy the whole assembly
    Thanks,

CyberG

Poconos is offline SuperMod Emeritus Whizbang Spinner Poconos 4 stars Poconos 4 stars Poconos 4 stars Poconos 4 stars Poconos 4 stars Poconos 4 stars

Default Re: Multi Port Valve Gasket

Welcome to the forum. We really need some information to help. Not all MP valves are the same. Manufacturer and model as a start.
    Al

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGypsE
    Is there a way to repair/replace the gasket in a multi port valve? Seems the gasket is built in and can't be replaced You have to buy the whole assembly
    I was told the same load of bull at one pool store - "That'll cost you $150 for the assembly."

Then another plumbing store with a pool section sold me the gasket for $8.

Yeah, make and model would help. If it's a Baker-Hydro, that's the same as a Hayward, gasket-wise.
    Tom Wood
    15K IG Plaster, Sand Filter, Polaris 180

Al, Thank You. Glad to be part of Pool Solutions. My first summer trying the 3 B’s and very happy with the results. I find the questions and answers very informative.

My filter is a Jacuzzi Laser 250L with a 7 way valve. Appears the gasket is fixed and only way is to replace the gasket is to buy the complete valve assembly which is expensive. Was thinking of some sort of gasket compound that would not break down because of pool chemicals? My problem is leaking thru the port discharge opening. Not all the time but when it does it’s very annoying. I removed the valve and lube the gasket. Works for awhile than starts to drip causing me to lose prime when filter is off. Sometimes when pump is running I left up on valve handle to remove air bubbles in the strainer basket. Would that have any effect on the valve? CyberG

Poconos is offline SuperMod Emeritus Whizbang Spinner Poconos 4 stars Poconos 4 stars Poconos 4 stars Poconos 4 stars Poconos 4 stars Poconos 4 stars

Not familiar with that valve but I can't believe gaskets are not replaceable. Only one I'm familiar with is mine, a Hayward. The gasket is glued in place and to remove the old one you destroy it by chipping and scraping the channels that it sits in. Once the channels are cleaned you can install a new gasket. Lot of debate on the forum about how to install a new gasket. If it comes to that, replacing, I can tell you what worked for me. Others disagree on the technique and will certainly chime in.
    Al

Davenj is offline Lifetime Member Thread Analyst Davenj 0

Check the link below. Looks like you can not replace it. Alot of the places I looked at stated the 7 way valve is discontinued.

http://www.poolcenter.com/parts_filt...uzzi_laser.htm

I live in TR also.
    Dave

elsie is offline Registered+ Thread Analyst elsie 0

A couple of years ago I, too, had leaking through the port discharge, assuming I understand that to be the port to which is attached the waste hose? If so, a guy I was then using for technical problems explained to me an easier fix. Of course, then being new to the pool scene, and not being at all a technical person, I have no idea why it was easier, but it may lend some credence to your issue. By the way, I also have a Hayward multiport.

What he did was install--and I don't know the technical name for it--a handle and ball assembly on that discharge port just a few inches from the multiport (before the waste hose attaches) which, when closed, stops the leak. When I need to backwash or waste, I then turn the handle and the assembly opens and I can do what I need to do, and then I close it again.

Elsie

Elsie,
    He just put a ball valve in the waste line to block that off. You have to manually throw it to block flow through the waste line. I did the same thing. For a long time I had some leakage into the waste line so that is the easy fix...put in a ball valve. Lately when I figured the best way to install a spider gasket, the leak to waste problem is resolved.
    Al

I was using a rubber plug in the discharge port but I like the idea of
    Installing a ball valve. Seems like a simple solution
    Thank You All!
    Dave, Live off Hooper Ave near OCC Collage.

elsie is offline Registered+ Thread Analyst elsie 0

You mean I actually contributed something here, ignorance of technical terms notwithstanding? Amazing!

+ Reply to Thread