Closed Thread

Thread: Where to pour anti-freeze

Default Where to pour anti-freeze

Sorry if this is a dumb question. I have 2 return jets in my IG pool but only one line coming out of my filter. I don't know if that's normal or not. But, do I pour anti-freeze into that one line and hope that it does the job for both return lines? And then pour one gallon into the skimmer? Or should I also pour anti-freeze into both lines from the pool side?

mikemedic is offline ** No working email address ** Thread Analyst mikemedic 0

Default Re: Where to pour anti-freeze

I have an inground pool also.

I have two return lines and three outlets in the pool. I drop the water level about 2-3 inches below the skimmer line. Then blow out the lines from the filter area. I have someone on the "pool" end and after blowing the lines have someone quickly cap the lines. Two of my return lines are connected together undeeground. That us what I suspect yours is. When you blow out the lines that will tel if they are connected. AFter you blow out the lines pour a gallon in that single return. Blow out the line that goes to your skimmer. You can buy a thing callled a "giszmo". It screws into the skimmer so ice wouldnt crack skimmer area, then I poutr so antifreze in the skimmer housing.

Hope this helps
    Mike

Default Re: Where to pour anti-freeze

ok, thanks for the help. I poured in the anti-freeze. I also lowered my water to below my return lines. mikemedic, it sounds like you don't lower the water that low? I grabbed a pool closing pamphlet from my pool store and it said to lower the water below the return lines, blow the lines out, plug the returns and then raise the water level up again to a few inches below the skimmer. What would be the reason for raising the water up again?

Closed Thread