+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: SeanB.'s Pool Build

SeanB. is offline --General User-- Weir Watcher SeanB. 0

Default SeanB.'s Pool Build

Well, I've enjoyed reading every one's comments and pictures on their pool construction, so I thought I would share ours as well. They just did the pool layout this week and will dig the first part of next week. I will update this thread with new pictures and comments as the work progresses.

Here are the basic specs:
    Pool dimensions are 17x32 with a 7' spa. There will be two drains, 3 returns and 1 skimmer. It will have one 500 watt pool light and one 100 watt spa light. The pool pump will be 1.5 hp and the spa will have a 1hp blower. The pool cleaner will be a Polaris 280 and the SWCG will be a Pentair Intellichlor IC40. We will be using a cartridge filter. The deck will be Sundek, Franciscan Tan color (I think).

Not much to look at yet but here is the before picture:

Last edited by SeanB.; 09-02-2006 at 06:42 PM.
    Site owner -- www.troublefreepool.com

Default Re: SeanB.'s Pool Build

Exciting! Where are you (geographically speaking)?

This coming Thursday, we should get the thumbs-up from the homeowners association. After that, I'll give my builder the green light.
    Pool owner - contract signed 21Aug2006; HOA approval granted; complete - existing patio demolition; excavation; rebar; embedded plumbing; gunite; plumbing; electrical; tile and coping; decking; plaster; pool fill; acid start-up; regular start-up; pool school; gas meter upgrade; additional of salt; PDA remote programming.

Quote Originally Posted by eljefe281
    Exciting! Where are you (geographically speaking)?

This coming Thursday, we should get the thumbs-up from the homeowners association. After that, I'll give my builder the green light.
    Looks like I'm just down the street from you! We live in Missouri City (Sienna Plantation). I guess I should update my profile. We also had to get HOA approval. It didn't take any time but was a waste of $200. $100 was the standard fee and I opted to pay an extra $100 to expedite the process. We missed the deadline to get our plans submitted by one day. We were going to have to wait another month otherwise, as that's how often the building subcommittee meets. It's amazing though that for $100, no committee meeting is necessary. :roll:

Well, excavation began today. They got a little bit of a late start after having trouble finding our home, which is not on the key maps yet, but I'm still amazed at how quickly they work. The guy driving the bobcat is really skilled - he made the digging and getting through the tight fit between the houses look like a piece of cake. Anyway, here are a few pics of the progress. Unfortunately I had to leave before they were done, but I think they were still going to be able to finish today. I hope that's the case, because the rebarb is sheduled for tomorrow.

Here's the first scoop:

Another with just the top dirt off:

and another:

Almost done:

Close up of hot tub and shallow area:

Hopefully I'll have pictures with the rebarb tomorrow.

Looks good!

Construction on mine starts tomorrow (Saturday), with demolition of an existing concrete patio. Excavation tentatively scheduled for next Tuesday.

Woo hoo!
    Pool owner - contract signed 21Aug2006; HOA approval granted; complete - existing patio demolition; excavation; rebar; embedded plumbing; gunite; plumbing; electrical; tile and coping; decking; plaster; pool fill; acid start-up; regular start-up; pool school; gas meter upgrade; additional of salt; PDA remote programming.

Quote Originally Posted by eljefe281 View Post
    Looks good!

Construction on mine starts tomorrow (Saturday), with demolition of an existing concrete patio. Excavation tentatively scheduled for next Tuesday.

Woo hoo!
    Our concret pad (just 10x10) had to come out as well. It was a shame though, because it was nicely done - a very thick piece of concrete. When they lifted it with the bobcat and then let it drop so it would break into pieces, you could feel the floor shake beneath you inside the house - very heavy!

We are still waiting for the rebar guys, hopefully they make it today as the forcast going into this weekend is for rain.

What's the current status, Sean?

Quote Originally Posted by eljefe281 View Post
    What's the current status, Sean?
    They have the rebar done and I think plumbing is next. I'll try to get a pic up tomorrow.

Default Update with more pictures

Well, after the heavy rain, we were delayed a couple of days on the gunite. As I mentioned in another thread, they did come on Friday afternoon, between the rain and spray a flash coating of gunite to keep the dirt from collapsing - worked great.

Here's a picture of what it looks like with a flash coat:

They came today and put in the equipment.

Another of the equipment from across the pool. We had to move it into the yard so I would have enough room to bring my lawnmower through on the same side. We'll probably screen it off with a fence or plants.

Sorry, this next one didn't upload all the way. I'm not at home or I would re-load it. It just shows the deep end (see the rain water) and a little closer view of the flash coat.

We are scheduled for gunite tomorrow. Oh, and as a little bonus, the plumbers accidentally installed the wrong kind of fill line. I only ordered a simple fill line, but they put in the auto-fill (at their expense) - can't complain about that kind of of mistake.
    Last edited by SeanB.; 09-19-2006 at 08:18 PM.

Looks good!

My plumbers come tomorrow.

+ Reply to Thread