+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: SeanB.'s Pool Build

Default Re: SeanB.'s Pool Build

Looks great...sort of familiar actually?

As you know I used the same PB and so far I have been very happy with the quality of work done on the pool. I did have other problems though so I hired an outside expert to come over to the house tonight to check everything out before I sign that last check. He is only charging me $60 to come out and check everything out for me. I think I know enough to see the few things that need to be fixed before they say they are done but to me it was cheap insurance to have an outsider come in and give me a second opinion.

Once again, the pool looks awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Ready2swim View Post
    I hired an outside expert to come over to the house tonight to check everything out before I sign that last check. He is only charging me $60 to come out and check everything out for me.
    Bit of a tangent for the thread, but I did the same thing when we bought a house with an in-ground pool before closing the house deal. Best money I spent. He was an independent pool service service and isn't associated with a store, etc. and has been in the business for a loong time. Gave me a great run down on what was good, answered my questions and concerns, ran pressure tests, checked the equipment, and gave me peace of mind that the pool was fine.

SeanB. is offline --General User-- Weir Watcher SeanB. 0

Well, the gunite was done today so I thought I'd add a few more pictures.

The first one here is another of the equipment. I wanted to show a shot down the side of the house. You can see how narrow it is. Now that the equipment is in place, you can clearly see I would not have had enough room to get through with a lawnmower.

This next couple show them setting up and starting the gunite:

In this one, you can see where the nozzleman sprayed himself a little mound to stand on while he sprayed the opposite wall.

More next...
    Site owner -- www.troublefreepool.com

A little while later:

Now you can see where some of the crew began smoothing out the top and sides as the other side was still being done.

and around the spa:

I had to come to work before they were done but will try to post a picture of the finished gunite tomorrow.

Sean
    Any hassle from the tree to the right of the pool, such as the PB encountering roots when digging? It's a pretty good size tree that close to the pool. Any expectation that the root system will gravitate towards a water source over the years. ie. your pool ?
    IG 32' x 16', vinyl 19,500 l, Sand filter, Hawyard Low NOx 250,000 btu heater
    Heating? Great info on why a solar cover saves $$$?
    http://energy.gov/energysaver/articl...ng-pool-covers

No, no roots whatsoever. I'm not certian what type of tree it is but based on more of the same kind in the area, I think this one is about as tall as it's going to get so I think we should be fine. If we had run into a bunch of roots, I'd have probably taken it down. As it's the only one we have in the backyard though, I'm glad it was able to stay.

Here comes the rope swing!
    IG 32' x 16', vinyl 19,500 l, Sand filter, Hawyard Low NOx 250,000 btu heater
    Heating? Great info on why a solar cover saves $$$?
    http://energy.gov/energysaver/articl...ng-pool-covers

Nothing to take pictures of, but they are still making progress. The clean up crew came yesterday morning to pick up after the gunite shoot and this morning, the electricians are out back working. I'll add more pictures once the tile and coping start.

Over at my place, we're in the middle of plumbing.

My backyard looks like a bomb went off back there.
    Pool owner - contract signed 21Aug2006; HOA approval granted; complete - existing patio demolition; excavation; rebar; embedded plumbing; gunite; plumbing; electrical; tile and coping; decking; plaster; pool fill; acid start-up; regular start-up; pool school; gas meter upgrade; additional of salt; PDA remote programming.

Ha ha, sounds familiar. My advice, if you don't already have some, get you a $15 pair of rubber boots at WalMart. I can just slip them on to go in the backyard to water the gunite or just look around. When you're done, you can just hose them off. Plus, I think I look really cool in my shorts and knee high rubber boots. lol.

+ Reply to Thread