+ Reply to Thread

Thread: cost replaster or tile

Cool cost replaster or tile

There was a previous thread about pool costs and I can't find it. I am about to redo my pool and just curious on costs of replastering versus tile. I live in Hawaii and the main local pool store says prices START at $7999 which includes new waterline tile based on a 15' x 30' pool for replastering. Have not gotten a price for tile yet. I have a feeling that is way more then you who live on the mainland have to pay. Would love to hear some costs

Default Re: cost replaster or tile

Just for information, know it is a late reply. Wow, Hawaii is really high! We just had our pool replastered this week and the cost was $3,240. Looks great, too! 25,000 inground gunite/plaster. Good luck.

GutierrezPlastering Guest

Quote Originally Posted by JJParrish View Post
    Just for information, know it is a late reply. Wow, Hawaii is really high! We just had our pool replastered this week and the cost was $3,240. Looks great, too! 25,000 inground gunite/plaster. Good luck.

When saying $3,240 u should explain size,demension, steps,benchs, spa etc? these factors all interfere with the price of the plaster. We do not know what hawaii contractor's are charging what materials are being applied, prepping methods etc....

Well, I'm pretty much a newbie, not a pro....we bought this house last year and it had the pool! We have since found out that our pool is as we originally thought, 18,000 and NOT 25,000 as pb thought. We did pay $3,240 for replaster, white, w/three steps & three love seats. Also, the contractor plastered over the tiles that lined the steps and the love seats leaving only the tiles at waterline. This actually gives the pool a more modern look. We have no spas or anything else, just the pool. I saw your web site and the pics are all beautiful. Do you have a recomendation as to how the steps to cure the new plaster and balance the water? Thanks.
    18,000 IG Gunite/Plaster, Hayward Sand Filter

+ Reply to Thread