ok..i''ll preface this for anyone new here with a caution that going as big as you can get on a pool pump is a no no (well documented)

did want to comment that for my 12,000 gallon inground, i just switched a sta-rite 3/4 hp duraglass for a 1 hp sta-rite max-e-pro. the difference a quarter hp makes in terms of vacuum suction is amazing..can't close the main valve completely to increase suction at the skimmer as i used to be able to..it will constantly stick..partially closed works great. don't know how this will affect my pool turnover..i'm 2 x per day at 6 hours..would i be able to limit that to 5 x 2..will have to play with that..the nicest thing about this pump is the basket to collect the garbage is at least i guess1 .5 times as big (much deeper and bigger diameter for sure) which makes all the difference in terms of how long it is before it fills up with leaves and crap. i checked it out after cleaning up a fair bit of leaves that would have filled the old basket and stopped suction. this one was just over half full with room to spare..lovin' it!