Closed Thread

Thread: and this is why i got a pro electrician to hook me up

tenax is offline Registered+ Widget Weaver tenax 0

Default and this is why i got a pro electrician to hook me up

got my autopilot swg, jandy 2 lite htr and sta-rite max-e-pro pump all hooked up yesterday..the electrician used my intermatic timer but slaved this big box full of stuff to it..i said what the heck are you selling me? turns out he built a nice industrial quality relay panel..what it does is:

when my timer turns off, the heater turns off..12 minutes later a relay with adjustable timer turns my pump and autopilot off..slick, neat and gee..now you can't see the 5 places where i spliced wires together from when i simply cut them and wired back together when i rebuilt my shed. (i did marette them..what, you thought i black taped them? nothing but the best when i do wiring)

for those curious, the electrician bonded everything that had a lug with no. 6 wire...pump and autopilot are bonded to the heater then that's bonded back to the main bonding wire to the ground.

the inspector who did the preliminary specified that be done (that's according to the new canadian code apparently)

Default Re: and this is why i got a pro electrician to hook me up

I'd say he gave you a QUALITY job.
    A pump load/heater line wire job and a fireman's safety switch are the only way to wire these appliances.
    I'd call his handling of your previous terminations a bonus

See Ya,
    Kelly

tenax is offline Registered+ Widget Weaver tenax 0

Default Re: and this is why i got a pro electrician to hook me up

thanks kelly..good to hear..it wasn't how i guessed it would be wired but he was great in explaining to me why he did what he did and it all made sense and works great..simple really, but very effective. i agree that it was a quality job..and i respect anyone who is willing to work in a main breaker box without turning the power off! (the kids and i were happy we didn't have to turn off our computers or tv's while they were working)

Closed Thread