+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sideless Pool

Mojo1 is offline ** No working email address ** Mojo1 0

Default Sideless Pool

I was listeningn to am talk show about pools and they mentioned Sideless pools, any one heard of this or seen pictures?? Unless I mis heard what they were talking aobut ...

jonv112 is offline ** No working email address ** jonv112 0

Default Re: Sideless Pool

Do you mean a vanishing edge pool? A vanishing edge pool is a pool where a section of the wall is below the water level so that the water falls into a trough below to create an optical illusion. It can be made so that it looks like the pool is blending in with the sky(if located on a mountain), or blending in with a lake or large body of water. Hope this helps.

You can check out the Vanishing Edge pool gallery here:

http://www.masterpoolsguild.com/gall...olfeatures.asp
    Last edited by jonv112; 08-29-2006 at 03:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jonv112
    Do you mean a vanishing edge pool? A vanishing edge pool is a pool where a section of the wall is below the water level so that the water falls into a trough below to creating an optical illusion. It can be made so that it looks like the pool is blending in with the sky(if located on a mountain), or blending in with a lake or large body of water. Hope this helps.

You can check out the Vanishing Edge pool gallery here:

http://www.masterpoolsguild.com/gall...olfeatures.asp
    That could be it, thanks , those are some very nice pools!

Maybe they said "endless pool" .

Quote Originally Posted by JohnT
    Maybe they said "endless pool" .
    Nope, We looked into those a few years back when the wife did Triathlons, they are not cheap for what you get .But a guy called in on the show asking about the cost of building a lap pool , he wanted a 80 x 10 pool to swim laps host recommended building a regular pool and adding the endless pool machine to one end for laps, not a bad idea. I would have sworn they called it a side-less pool and the host said there was only one in Houston and they are expensive to up keep and build. But I found nothing on Google search so I must have heard wrong...

tenax is offline Registered+ Widget Weaver tenax 0

maybe this is like it..a search on "pool without sides", brought it up..very natural!

http://www.permaculture.co.uk/mag/Ar.../Swimming.html

Quote Originally Posted by tenax
    maybe this is like it..a search on "pool without sides", brought it up..very natural!

http://www.permaculture.co.uk/mag/Ar.../Swimming.html
    now thats very unique!

tenax is offline Registered+ Widget Weaver tenax 0

you bet..sort of like swimming in a marsh without all the slime and stench, i assume

KurtV is offline Registered+ Widget Weaver KurtV 0

That's known as a pond where I come from. I wonder if it's stocked with largemouth?

Yep. In this part of the world (tx) that is a pond. I'm definitely not into creating my own personal biosphere project, nor am I particularly thrilled with swimming with frogs, snakes, salamanders, the occassional alligator, and big, foot-munching catfish. This is why I have a real "swimming" pool and I don't swim in the pond (actually, here it's called a tank--suitable for watering livestock). Speaking of which, the Canadians apparently did not take into consideration the cows and other water-drinking livestock, coming to the "bio-cultural-natural-man-made-POND" and leaving behind their waste material. Ain't no cows pooping in my Intex and I like it that way!

Sorry all, I just killed a huge scorpion running out from underneath my comptuer and I'm not feeling the "nature" thing today... this drought we're in needs to let up before I'm further surrounded by thirsty insects and wildlife (watched a lovely large family of wild hogs saunter through my back yard the other day)... Uggh!! And 100+ days every day eats a lot of bleach.

Lori

+ Reply to Thread