+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Intex Pool - pitfalls of leaving up all winter?

Smile Re: Intex Pool - pitfalls of leaving up all winter? UPDATE

FYI, Spring Update:

Our 18' Metal Frame Intex has been up all winter and so far, so good! I do see a few seams that have a slight moisture building up on the bottom outside liner. I'm going to patch them up.

I think we'll have at least another year with this pool!

So, it DID survive the cold NJ winter! (There wasn't that much snow this year).

Also, any advice on using the Scotch clear duct tape over the patched seams? Will that give me extra reinforcement?

Thanks!

Default Re: Intex Pool - pitfalls of leaving up all winter?

I have an Intex 4' x 18' metal frame pool in central Texas. Left it up all winter and removed the pump. Couldn't get the cover to stay on so I ended up with leaves and such, but that was to be expected.

Opened yesterday and vacuumed to waste. Shocked it and it looks pretty good. Will need to shock it over the next few days to get the water totally clear, but it cleaned up very well and fairly quickly. No leaks, no problems.

In the fall I put a piece of plastic over each of the hose inlets inside of the pool (while it was still warm enough to get my hand in there), and then opened the valve to clear out any left over water. Re-closed the valve, removed the hoses and drained the pump. It sat like that all winter.

How exactly to you vacuum to "waste" in the Intex pool? I'm assuming you're using an Intex filter? I have the skimmer and regular pool vac, but i'm confused about that type of vacuuming!

Kimrst is offline Registered+ Thread Analyst Kimrst 0

One way you might vac to waste with an intex is unscrew the hose where the water returns into the pool from the filter and let that water out on the ground. Wouldn't that do it? Or would you loose the suction and it wouldn't work? Seems like a lot of water to dump though. With the leaf vac attached and the cartridge in I think it would be ok just to vac. He must have a diffrent filter.. Kimrst

+ Reply to Thread