Closed Thread

Thread: Sealing Pavers

Default Sealing Pavers

Okay - I re-read the thread from May/June about this - but I really need to seal my pavers this weekend. We are moving the grill back there next weekend for a party and I want it sealed before all the grease and strawberry margaritas are spilt all over the place!

Anyway - The pavers have been in for about 3 weeks now - they are filthy because the screen guys tracked mud all over them - I have swept and rinsed (with a ton of sand in the pool now).

Okay - so I need to acid wash them first - I have been told not to pressure wash them because I will blow all the sand out? Is this true? Also - I have a friend that used the "bug sprayer" to apply a wet-look sealant and he stated that if you get it thick enough - it seals the joints between the pavers so you don't have the weeds growing in. Any thoughts on this?
    Completed 8/21/06
    14,000 gallon 3'-6' concrete pool with Diamond Brite
    Spa with spillway
    250K BTU gas heater (for spa)
    SWCG - Aqua Rite
    Hayward Super II Pump - Cartridge filter

See pictures here http://www.philsimmons.com/family/ga...mages&keyword=

Default Re: Sealing Pavers

I have a product called "Techni-Seal WP" that I will be applying in a few weeks to my pavers. The instructions suggest you wash the pavers (degreaser/cleaner and/or efforescence cleaner) before sealing as you will seal in any dirt or stains. My neighbor already did his pool deck and he used a sponge roller (like a paint roller). This is how I plan to apply as well. The problem with the sprayer is over spray. The roller puts the sealer were you want it. You can pressure wash but use a wide pattern so you have a lower pressure (a pressure you would be comfortable washing your car with). I am also refilling my missing sand with a sand called "Polymeric Sand" also by Techni-Seal (other companies sell this too). This sand, once wetted dries hard so it won't wash out and grass and ants can't come through.
    Good luck and enjoy your pool.

Closed Thread