+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Used Doughboy

Hybrid View

Default Used Doughboy

HI all, I am in the process of taking down a used 18x38 doughboy pool. Everything seems to be in good shape.My question is i would like to make this pool smaller,say 16x32, looking at the directions i should have all the parts i need to do this. But could one of you pro installers tell me how the best way to couple the wall ends together, if i do this i will need to shorten the wall and i will no longer be able to use the factory wall connector. please let me know if there is a way to do this and will it last and be safe. Thanks Scott

Default Re: Used Doughboy

Hi Scott, A doughboy is one of the easiest pools to convert to a different size because so many of the parts are the same through all sizes. You will, however need some new bottom rails. The bottom rails are stamped on the inside of the rail. You should have S rails for the sides, four TR rails for the transition corners and the rest will be marked 18. The 18 rails are for the ends and they establish the arc for the half circle ends. These would need to be changed for rails marked 16. They are a slightly different arc but it would make a difference.

The wall can be cut by scoring it with a razor blade and then bending it back and forth. This is a lot cleaner a cut than using tin snips. I overlapp the wall by about six inches and then run a double row of nuts and bolts to hold it together. This has worked well for me.

Best of luck, Dennis
    AG pool installer
    Arizona

Thanks Dennis, That was how i thought i would do it but i wanted to make sure it would hold. Thanks for confirming that. How far should i space the bolts on the vertical? And does the dealer sell the 16' bottom tracks by them selfs? Thanks for helping me out, i just started reading this forum a few days ago and i can see your a big help to many. I'am sure i will be back with more ??s. Scott

Hi Scott, I go about an inch and a half apart with the bolts. A dealer should be able to get the parts for you.

Later, Dennis
    AG pool installer
    Arizona

+ Reply to Thread