+ Reply to Thread

Thread: "Pool-Stored" - It's No Myth

Default "Pool-Stored" - It's No Myth

Okay - so with the pool complete and the kids jumping in the 75 degree water (crazy they are) - we needed some supplies. So we went to a large chain for a brush/net/pole. While I was waiting to check-out I was amazed at the two guys in front of me that got totally pool-stored.

Now - I have read all the accounts on this forum, but I thought that they were exaggerated. They are NOT - this guy had put in 10 bags of "shock" and now two days later has "no chlorine". So the guy behind the counter says "that is so weird, you should have something left - I mean you had no problems a couple of weeks ago when you picked up all the pucks". They then speculate that there is a problem with the in-line chlorinator. Then the "supervisor" tells him he has "chlorine lock" and needs 6 more bags of shock, and if that doesn't work come back and they will send a guy out to look at his chlorinator. So the guy buys the "shock" and leaves. I wanted to go over to him and just whisper "www.poolsolutions.com" - but I wasn't able to because he was at the counter the whole time.

I just walked out with my brush, net, pole and of course a pool toy - with a coy smile on my face knowing I had all the answers in my case of bleach in the garage
    Completed 8/21/06
    14,000 gallon 3'-6' concrete pool with Diamond Brite
    Spa with spillway
    250K BTU gas heater (for spa)
    SWCG - Aqua Rite
    Hayward Super II Pump - Cartridge filter

See pictures here http://www.philsimmons.com/family/ga...mages&keyword=

RavenNS is offline Established User Weir Watcher RavenNS Not to be trusted

Default Re: "Pool-Stored" - It's No Myth

Sweet!

I would have told him that he can find out why his chorine won't stay if he visits poolforum.com; since the PS people didn't seem to know

How bout this one...
    I went into a pool store (and I would love nothing more than to say the name here), specifically to look for CYA liquid testing stuff. I made the mistake of telling the guy that I have to keep adding bleach because I don't have any stabilizer. He gives me the "scrunchie eyes/suck in the mouth" look and says...
    "ohhhh, I don't think I would put bleach in the pool". THEN...the counter guy says...AS HE IS WAITING ON TWO PEOPLE..."Yeah...that will REALLY make your eyes sparkle!" They both turned around and looked at me strange as the counter guy was up there snickering at me. I also saw him shaking his head in that "your an idiot" way!!

So...I asked LOUDLY..."What is worse for your pool??? Chlorine at 12% or Chlorine at 6%??? Anyways, about the testing stuff?"
    HE HAD NOTHING TO SAY AT ALL AT THAT!

Whose the idiot now?

Rhon

P.S. Next time I will say "Liquid Chlorine"
    I have a pool and I swear I'll use it if I have to!!!

waste is offline PF Support Team Whizbang Spinner waste 3 stars waste 3 stars waste 3 stars

Simmons, I can't believe that you were sold a pool and not given maintenance equiptment - EVERYPLACE I've worked, it was part of the deal!
    However, that's a good story
    Luv & Luk, Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill libraries

Waste - I will get the stuff, but they didn't leave any on Friday and I know you are supposed to brush the new finish everyday - and since the electrical wasn't finished on Friday - there was no pump to circulate the water - so I needed the brush for that anyway. They are going to give me the crappy one they give everyone next week sometime.
    Completed 8/21/06
    14,000 gallon 3'-6' concrete pool with Diamond Brite
    Spa with spillway
    250K BTU gas heater (for spa)
    SWCG - Aqua Rite
    Hayward Super II Pump - Cartridge filter

See pictures here http://www.philsimmons.com/family/ga...mages&keyword=

+ Reply to Thread