Help. I've got a problem with my pool that is baffling me. When I reach out from the pool and touch the pavers (wet) I get a mild shock. I have measured the voltage from the pool water to the sand in the cracks of the pavers and get 4.5vac. I checked the bond wire at the pump and it is connected properly to the lug (The bond wire, #8 solid coper, goes all the way around the pool and attaches to the coping every two feet). In my attempt to trace the problem to its source, I turned off the main power at the house (which feeds the house as well as the pool house and pump), and I still get the 4.5vac. I have no other source of power in the house, so I assumed that the problem was coming from the SMECO (our power company). They came out and took some measurements and said that the problem was not on their end.

When I disconnect the bond wire from the pump lug, the shock goes away, but there is a potential difference of 4.5vac between the pump case and the bond wire. I ran an additional #8 ground wire between the pump lug and the electrical ground box, and the shock is still present.

Basically, I think that I have a 4.5vac potential on my entire house ground, but have no idea of what to do.

Is it possible that our saltwater pool (with lots of iron in the soil) could be a generator?

Any ideas?

Thanks.
Cliff